Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

And what special circumstances mean we have to do that?

Because we were not in talks with Arsenal until mid tournament, we are obviously not going to pursue a player to replace someone if they are no talks with a buyer to begin with.

If we where negotiating with Arsenal before the World Cup started and we decided we wanted Janmaat as his replacement before games were going on i'd agree.

There's not a single transfer that's been going on during the WC which wasn't at least at the negotiation stage before the tournament started.

Eh, how do you know this like?

The Newcastle of old wouldn't have signed them, they'd have signed older worse players on crippling contracts.  Assuming we're talking about the Freddy Shepherd Newcastle of old of course.  Unfortunately we've gone from an incompetent attention seeker to an evil greedy cunt.

One of our best players sold (again). No replacement in the door BEFOREHAND (again). Same old excuses offered and believed about this (again).

Fuck this argument. Completely pointless.

'But the World Cup...'

Hook, line and sinker.

Yep, fallen for the s**** again.

Not really, i'm not implying like Pardew is we can't buy players during the tournament or even negotiate with their clubs. Just saying that if they are playing at the tournament their managers are not exactly going to allow them to stroll off away from their national team squad and hold talks with us.

Lets say if Rooney got an offer from someone and he was interested, not a chance in hell of Hodgson allowing him to sort it out mid tournament.

That's the difference here, Pardew would imply that to players who are not even at the tournament and use it as an excuse.

Guest bimpy474

I'm amazed that people have swallowed the world cup line, honestly i can't believe it.

Janmaat, we haven't even bidded for him yet, let alone had a bid accepted, we could do have done that at any time World Cup or not.

Guest bimpy474

'But the World Cup...'

Hook, line and sinker.

Yep, fallen for the s**** again.

Not really, i'm not implying like Pardew is we can't buy players during the tournament or even negotiate with their clubs. Just saying that if they are playing at the tournament their managers are not exactly going to allow them to stroll off away from their national team squad and hold talks with us.

Lets say if Rooney got an offer from someone and he was interested, not a chance in hell of Hodgson allowing him to sort it out mid tournament.

That's the difference here, Pardew would imply that to players who are not even at the tournament and use it as an excuse.

Debuchy was bidded on while he was there, as we've all seen. Why couldn't we do that with any player there also ?

I'm amazed that people have swallowed the world cup line, honestly i can't believe it.

Janmaat, we haven't even bidded for him yet, let alone had a bid accepted, we could do have done that at any time World Cup or not.

Yeah i'm not denying that, just saying its pretty hard to hold talks with him in the middle of a tournament..... no international manager would allow it.

Not saying we couldn't have talked to the club or put in bid in, of course we could but we are not completing no deal without discussing personal terms with the player and no international manager will allow that to go on.

Think that any people still upset by this type of sale need to realise that part of our stategy in attracting players here is telling them this can be your "stepping stone club". This isn't new.. Right or wrong is how we have attracted players here. Hopefully they perform well and push the team higher or reclaim big fees when they move.

Not that we couldn't attract similar or the same player with a different manager and selling angle but this is and has been for years our chosen selling angle. Always going to be someone leaving, probably even if we scale champions league fringes.

This was the chosen outcome when Debuchy signed up.

Can you not be aware of this strategy and also upset about the sales that result from it?

For sure but it's a bit like agreeing to be in an "open relationship" and throwing the toys out of the pram when your partner runs off with another person....................... I imagine ;)

Guest bimpy474

Yeah i'm not denying that, just saying its pretty hard to hold talks with him in the middle of a tournament..... no international manager would allow it.

Not saying we couldn't have talked to the club or put in bid in, of course we could but we are not completing no deal without discussing personal terms with the player and no international manager will allow that to go on.

You keep refering to the players, i'm not. I'm saying we could have bid and had a bid accepted at any time. Exactly the way Arsenal have done with Debuchy. Then you sit down with the player after their World Cup is over.

And in the age of fax machines and the way players hold sway over everything it seems, i don't see how an International manager could stop it happening if the player really wanted it too. Players are far too powerful now, sadly.

Neither of the teams in the world cup final I want to win it, the world cup is ending and club football comes back, and with a bang. We sign Ayoze Perez - okay maybe one for the future, I don't know. We sign Siem De Jong - Good signing but we all know the real reasons for it. Then we get rid of not one but two of our best players. Okay, Remy wasn't ours but he probably could and should have been. All that is left now is for Colo' to get f***ed in a pre-season friendly and Krul to be bought by someone half decent in Europe. We will be royally shagged. Anyone who thinks this is a good deal is a f***ing spastic.

Seriously, I can feel nothing but depressed in the build up to what will be another shite season. The sooner the football kicks back in the better so maybe that feeling of hate surfaces again, then I can vent my own frustrations at the horrible, disastrous cancer that is ruining our club. I fucking hate them with a passion.

You keep refering to the players, i'm not. I'm saying we could have bid and had a bid accepted at any time. Exactly the way Arsenal have done with Debuchy. Then you sit down with the player after their World Cup is over.

And in the age of fax machines and the way players hold sway over everything it seems, i don't see how an International manager could stop it happening if the player really wanted it too. Players are far too powerful now, sadly.

Never denied that tbf, my original response was to Dave saying we should have had him in weeks ago if we are really serious about replacing before selling.

That's why i keep mentioning the player because its not possible without the personal terms to have done that, no doubt we could have put a bid in when Arsenal contacted over Debuchy i'm not denying that.

Guest bimpy474

Never denied that tbf, my original response was to Dave saying we should have had him in weeks ago if we are really serious about replacing before selling.

That's why i keep mentioning the player because its not possible without the personal terms to have done that, no doubt we could have put a bid in when Arsenal contacted over Debuchy i'm not denying that.

I would say personal terms could be sorted by the agent, but i do agree about the player himself probably wanting to see things for himself. With the exception of moving to certain clubs (Barca, Real, Man Utd etc).

Guest bimpy474

Aye i would question the sanity of anyone wanting to join this madhouse without seeing everything in person first :lol:

Although i'd rather any potential signings to have as little contact with Pardew as possible myself.

Actually i know this is going to sound weird from me, but players first impressions of Pardew always seem quite good. A good bullshitter he certainly is.

It's got to the point now where I am almost starting to lose track of who our squad is and it doesn't really bother me. Hopefully things will be different by the Russian world cup, I wouldn't bet on it though.  :lol: