Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest ToonZA

Good luck to him, i really liked him as a footballer and still do but its hard to blame him for wanting out.

Even though he has moved onto pastures new, I bear no ill feelings towards Debuchy. He gave it his all during his time here and was the best RB we've had in a while. He was one of my favourite players last season (and certainly remains as one of my favourite French players at least) and I do wish him all the best. Bon courage Mathieu.

12m according to SSN. Good business to effectively swap Debuchy for Janmaat and Riviere.

Not a personal affront to you but I am sick of the term good business being banded about when it comes to transfers in football nowadays.

:thup:

I couldn't give a toss about the fee's we receive / pay nowadays.

Fair enough, but you do keep pointing out we have money to spend or are up on transfers overall. We only have money to spend because of good 'business', as Ashley is apparently not prepared to invest and the club has to be self sufficient.

Fingers crossed this change of players doesn't harm us too much, and hopefully works out well. No ill will towards the mighty 'Booch at all, good luck to him.

I don't blame him for jumping ship at all, if we showed ambition and he'd gone for more money sure I'd be annoyed but we aren't going to be in the champions league, or even winning a domestic cup in a long long long time. I hope his fondness for us is genuine (like cabaye's seems to be) and so will help tap up players in the french set up for us for years to come.

Even though he has moved onto pastures new, I bear no ill feelings towards Debuchy. He gave it his all during his time here and was the best RB we've had in a while. He was one of my favourite players last season (and certainly remains as one of my favourite French players at least) and I do wish him all the best. Bon courage Mathieu.

I only heard that phrase for the first time on Kermode and Mayo's Film Review last year. I now use it at every possible opportunity.....

Bon Courage Mathieu mon ami. Aussi, Wenger est une maison de merde. Une maison de merde supreme.

I don't blame him for jumping ship at all, if we showed ambition and he'd gone for more money sure I'd be annoyed but we aren't going to be in the champions league, or even winning a domestic cup in a long long long time. I hope his fondness for us is genuine (like cabaye's seems to be) and so will help tap up players in the french set up for us for years to come.

I don't see how anyone can possibly begrudge either Cabaye or Debuchy, both gave it a good go until the penny dropped we weren't interested in doing much more than stay in the division, and both have only left to join CL clubs that are actually playing football that will suit their game.

Guest neesy111

12m according to SSN. Good business to effectively swap Debuchy for Janmaat and Riviere.

Not a personal affront to you but I am sick of the term good business being banded about when it comes to transfers in football nowadays.

Fair enough, but you do keep pointing out we have money to spend or are up on transfers overall. We only have money to spend because of good 'business', as Ashley is apparently not prepared to invest and the club has to be self sufficient.

Fingers crossed this change of players doesn't harm us too much, and hopefully works out well. No ill will towards the mighty 'Booch at all, good luck to him.

Unless you have the mathematic ability of a dog, you'd be able to see the club is self sufficient and has been for the past 2-3 years.

Unless you have the mathematic ability of a dog, you'd be able to see the club is self sufficient and has been for the past 2-3 years.

Aye, presumably because we've played the market (fairly) well. Sadly we're not going to spend unless we generate money, not that you give a shit obviously.

Beye was better for about the same amount of time, especially defensively.

Agreed.

Think MD will do very well for Arsenal though. He'll have far more midfield options available to him.