Time To Stop Teams In The Same League Loaning Players To Each Other?

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest craggy

Just a point to add. A player being loaned to a club in the same league allows them to gain experience in that league whereas a player moving down the leagues and playing well doesn't necessarily mean he will play well when going back to the league his parent club is in...

The amount of players Arsenal have out on loan is absolutely obscene, they have their own page in the programme, Alan Davies read them all out on the Tuesday Club a few weeks ago, it was dozens. Clubs should have to sell players in that situation to get them first team football, it's not in the interests of the league or English football to let clubs be hanging onto so many players, whether they produced them or not.

The amount of players Arsenal have out on loan is absolutely obscene, they have their own page in the programme, Alan Davies read them all out on the Tuesday Club a few weeks ago, it was dozens. Clubs should have to sell players in that situation to get them first team football, it's not in the interests of the league or English football to let clubs be hanging onto so many players, whether they produced them or not.

16 out on loan.

16 out on loan.

19 apparently: http://www.arsenal.com/usa/the-players/arsenal-s-loanees

16 out on loan.

19 apparently: http://www.arsenal.com/usa/the-players/arsenal-s-loanees

Spurs must have close to that.

Moronic we didn't put a clause in Lua Lua's loan tbh :lol: Typical, but moronic.

The Financial Fair Play rules haven't picked up on this, have they? Nor has it been mentioned in any consultation paper ("decision-makers consulting with fans :yao:")?

Although I do think they should be allowed to play against their parent clubs.

:no:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39902000/jpg/_39902413_lualua270jpg..jpg

Still it's only fair.

That would be asking for trouble though.

I'd just echo what everyone else says, it's fundamentally wrong. We've gone through this so many times now it seems absurd that the rule has not been changed. The Adebayor issue is not so much the fact that we've benefitted, but the stockpiling. If the system didn't work as it does now, then City would have been stuck with his comedy contract and been unable to get anyone else in (e.g. Aguero or Dzeko) unless they let Ade rot in the stands. If a player was happy to take 150K to rot in the stands then good luck to them, but I'd expect the result to be less profligacy in contracts.

I can't remember my posts from previous threads, but the gist should be no intra-division loans and more severe restrictions on lower league loans. It's not just the ludicrous numbers of players loaned out, but also the ludicrous number of players being loaned in by certain clubs. I'd have an age restriction on loans, and a tighter max number of loan-ins for teams - say, two. That should help prevent stockpiling.

Guest BooBoo

I've long advocated the scrapping of top flight loans. It's bscene that the top clubs can buy so many players they can afford to send out youngsters to fatten up at other clubs.

Plus as Sunderland have found out, such a sticking plaster mentality for the loaner club does not work in the long term as every season you're back to square one.

I hated it when we loaned Rossi from Man Utd, hope we never go down such a route again.

The player's parent club always benefit in a small way just because the player can play against every other club but theirs. (Edit: as Bluestar's said)

This definitely needs looked at.  Adebayor on daft money at Man City, can't get near their side, goes to Spurs who only pay about half of his wages and he's an integral part of their push for a Champions League place, the whole thing's warped.  Bit galling as well actually since Spurs were a big rival of ours and probably couldn't have afforded a player of Adebayor's quality without Man City stockpiling top players.  Would they have dropped a handful more points without Adebayor to allow us to sneak into the Champions League?

Agree with every word, it atleast needs looking at the whole system is moronic and yes i agree that they should be allowed to play against their own clubs how fair is that?

The Adebayor loan really annoyed me. If a player is loaned to another team then that team should have to pay that player's wages in full. We'd have been stuck with Smith and Xisco but at least Spurs wouldn't have got Adebayor.

Young players need game experience. They'd get that if 'top' teams were stopped from buying up lower league club's youth players and then not playing them.

i'm also in favour of clubs only being able to register a 23man squad for the league (stuff the transfer window, it should be done 1 week before the season kicks off) and thats it till the next window, no loans within the same division, long term loans only for under 21's, prem clubs only allowed 3 loans per season (so if you want to loan they have to registered in time to make that registration limit)

Aye, the system is a joke.

We also need to make reserve team football a serious matter so that players don't always need a loan.

how can you make reserve team football a serious matter ?

We also need to make reserve team football a serious matter so that players don't always need a loan.

Not sure. Promote it, show it on TV, maybe even allow B Teams like in Europe. That's probably a discussion for another thread like.

Not sure. Promote it, show it on TV, maybe even allow B Teams like in Europe. That's probably a discussion for another thread like.

dunno like, i always think sending kids out for experience is better and if we allow b teams into the league system you'll be having to get rid of probably 6 or 7 league teams.

dunno like, i always think sending kids out for experience is better and if we allow b teams into the league system you'll be having to get rid of probably 6 or 7 league teams.

It is better for the kids and the parent club, but on a progressively deteriorating scale the further down the league you go and once you're out of the top fifteen in the country (or thereabouts) all the current system is achieving is perpetuating lack of competition by way of teams getting into false positions thanks to another team's talent which isn't there for the long term.

thats why i'd be a lot stricter on the amount of loanee's any one club could take over a season.

No, the system is fine. There should be some more regulation of the number of loans you can take from your own country and abroad, and the terms of each loan should be set by the FA instead of negotiated by the teams. I am for anything that helps encourage the free movement of players in ways that help players develop and further their careers. There is no point in limiting a player who is cannot make the first team and cannot be sold or youth prospect who need competitive football on a bigger stage than the reserve team to develop to a level high enough for first team football at their own clubs. This group of players constitutes 99 percent of loans.

No, the system is fine. There should be some more regulation of the number of loans you can take from your own country and abroad, and the terms of each loan should be set by the FA instead of negotiated by the teams. I am for anything that helps encourage the free movement of players in ways that help players develop and further their careers. There is no point in limiting a player who is cannot make the first team and cannot be sold or youth prospect who need competitive football on a bigger stage than the reserve team to develop to a level high enough for first team football at their own clubs. This group of players constitutes 99 percent of loans.

if the player cannot make the first team he should be sold or let go , no reason for him to be loaned out to another club in the same division, no reason for chelsea,citeh's to hoover up talent, if ther player needs experience loan him to a club in a lower league.

i'll bet mopst of the loans in the top divisions are from the bigger clubs hoarding talent as opposed to just letting players go on loan to get experience (ie danny sturridge is a case of hoarding talent)

Danny Sturridge was loaned out for one year to a lesser team and then came back to be the top scorer for his club at the young age of 22. This is exactly how the loan system should be used.

so a team who cant afford him should benefit from his services to the detriment of their competitors ? why ?

it's only helping the larger clubs hoover up and hold on to the talent, if they couldn't do it he may be tempted to go to a villa or fulham for regular football and surely that would help the game in general ?