Time To Stop Teams In The Same League Loaning Players To Each Other?

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Danny Sturridge was loaned out for one year to a lesser team and then came back to be the top scorer for his club at the young age of 22. This is exactly how the loan system should be used.

so a team who cant afford him should benefit from his services to the detriment of their competitors ? why ?

it's only helping the larger clubs hoover up and hold on to the talent, if they couldn't do it he may be tempted to go to a villa or fulham for regular football and surely that would help the game in general ?

This.

Abolish the loans and limit the squads. If that happens Chelsea either play Sturridge or he demands a move to another Prem team.

And if you get rid of it altogether hopefully it will stop (or at least limit) the huge clubs hoovering up all u16 talent in the country and provide a more level playing field. Easiest way to improve football in this country as far as I'm concerned.

it's already hit stupid points where i think last season (2010-11) at one point liverpool had over 20players out on loan and levante (or getafe ?) fielded a team of 9 or 10 loanees.

Danny Sturridge was loaned out for one year to a lesser team and then came back to be the top scorer for his club at the young age of 22. This is exactly how the loan system should be used.

so a team who cant afford him should benefit from his services to the detriment of their competitors ? why ?

it's only helping the larger clubs hoover up and hold on to the talent, if they couldn't do it he may be tempted to go to a villa or fulham for regular football and surely that would help the game in general ?

Every team in the league has two spots in their squad that can be used for domestic loans. Every team had the opportunity to take a chance on Danny Sturridge. From this, I assume that Bolton agreed the highest loan fee and agreed to pay the largest percentage of his wages. Unless Chelsea have forged some illegal relationship with the other club whereby they loan them players regardless of interest from other clubs, I have no issue with this.

At every club, there are young players that are clearly too good for the reserves, but will struggle to crack the firs team. Should we sell Ferguson because he isn't good enough to play every week right now? If you have spent money developing a player, it is nonsense to think that you should be made to sell them. It is also hurtful to the footballer.

I would like to see a limit of one loaned player per season over the age of 23 (regardless of where they come from), but I personally think the system is vital for young players.

Every team in the league has two spots in their squad that can be used for domestic loans. Every team had the opportunity to take a chance on Danny Sturridge. From this, I assume that Bolton agreed the highest loan fee and agreed to pay the largest percentage of his wages. Unless Chelsea have forged some illegal relationship with the other club whereby they loan them players regardless of interest from other clubs, I have no issue with this.

At every club, there are young players that are clearly too good for the reserves, but will struggle to crack the firs team. Should we sell Ferguson because he isn't good enough to play every week right now? If you have spent money developing a player, it is nonsense to think that you should be made to sell them. It is also hurtful to the footballer.

I would like to see a limit of one loaned player per season over the age of 23 (regardless of where they come from), but I personally think the system is vital for young players.

re ferguson, loan to club outside our league, ie ranger, tavernier,vuckic.

re sturridge, every team doesn't havea  chance at him as it's chelsea's choice and the players (i can ask cheryl cole out for a date etc)

i agree with limiting loans but the effect sturridge had at bolton while not being theurs skewes the entire league, adebayor at spurs similarly. the benfits to those players do not outweigh the effect they have on the rest of the league.