Newcastle Jerseys

kager

so wheres juventus on that list?

and on his list of possible inspirations for the black and white, only zebras were around before NUFC. what a cock.

Guest SmileyCulture

How about the new spurs away kit?

Anyway, personaly being a long-term newcastle fan i think we have one of the best kits ever ;)

Guest cybermansrevenge

That's an absolutely bizzare article, certainly seems to be the subjective opion of the writer  Dave Golokhov, who's bio lists him as Canadian from the Smog of Toronto (maybe that explains why he's a twat with something against NUFC). Now over 10years ago I recall reading an article whereby some researcher went to a village somewhere in Africa which had no access to televison and they asked school children to choose which premiership (?1st division) football strip they prefered, guess what was the favourite by a considerable distance, yes Newcastle

Now am sure this wasn't done in a particularly scientific manner e.g. peer group pressure etc (and of course god knows who gave him a grant for such bollocks research) but it would certainly seem to refute that it's one of "the most unappealing jerseys in sports (sic)"

By the way as I recall that study showed them a strip with the S&N blue star- somehow it just looked right with the black and white stripes.

Now if he'd said some of our away strips, (oh lovey you'll look fantastic in silver with pinstipes, very slimming) it may be a different matter.

Guest dasflenst

At least when we wear our strips (it's not called a fucking jersey!!) we get noticed, which is one of the main reasons to wear one at the match and in the town befoerhand.  It'll look pretty good in Frankfurt tomorrow.  Yank cunts. 

In 1899, Juventus played in pink shirts but continual washing faded the colour so much that in 1903 they sought to replace them.

The club asked one of their team members, Englishman John Savage, if he had any contacts in England who could supply new shirts in a colour that would better withstand the elements.

By coincidence, his friend back home lived in Nottingham, and being a Notts County supporter, shipped out the black and white striped shirts to Turin.

Juve have worn the shirts ever since, considering the colours to be aggressive and powerful.

Guest jackmisfit

So what if they call shirts jerseys or uniforms or strips or whatever, you need to find something better to be pissed off about.

The guy that wrote the article was Canadian, not an American, but I imagine any none football/soccer fan over here would probably read the article and agree. I love football, I love the black and white stripes, I think the kit looks classic, but overseas, black and white stripes are almost exclusively for refs. If it was vice versa, you'd probably be shitting on a team in North America that wore a uniform that was exclusive to referees in your country.

So the guy picks on Newcastle instead of Juve or West Brom, if he would've picked Juve, would anyone here have cared what he thought?

Everyone always likes to shit on Americans (Yanks), for calling football soccer. I've always thought it was a bit unusual to call American football football because they hardly ever really kick the ball, but regardless, when american football was growing in the US, football in England was slangly referred to as soccer, so we called it soccer and it stayed that way ever since. It's too late now for american football to change it's name to american rules rugby.

Sorry to rant, but I hate when people decide to call us/me "yank cunts" when it was a Canadian that wrote the article.

So what if they call shirts jerseys or uniforms or strips or whatever, you need to find something better to be pissed off about.

The guy that wrote the article was Canadian, not an American, but I imagine any none football/soccer fan over here would probably read the article and agree. I love football, I love the black and white stripes, I think the kit looks classic, but overseas, black and white stripes are almost exclusively for refs. If it was vice versa, you'd probably be shitting on a team in North America that wore a uniform that was exclusive to referees in your country.

So the guy picks on Newcastle instead of Juve or West Brom, if he would've picked Juve, would anyone here have cared what he thought?

Everyone always likes to shit on Americans (Yanks), for calling football soccer. I've always thought it was a bit unusual to call American football football because they hardly ever really kick the ball, but regardless, when american football was growing in the US, football in England was slangly referred to as soccer, so we called it soccer and it stayed that way ever since. It's too late now for american football to change it's name to american rules rugby.

Sorry to rant, but I hate when people decide to call us/me "yank cunts" when it was a Canadian that wrote the article.

only america uses black and white stripes for refs

Guest jackmisfit

Posted by: cybermansrevenge  Posted on: Today at 05:38:57 AM 

"That's an absolutely bizzare article, certainly seems to be the subjective opion of the writer  Dave Golokhov, who's bio lists him as Canadian from the Smog of Toronto (maybe that explains why he's a twat with something against NUFC). "