Star Wars

LesPaul

http://www.theforce.net/2012/starwars1313-logo-tn.jpg

LucasArts Reveals Star Wars 1313

Posted By Eric on June 1, 2012

Tonight on the Spike TV program GameTrailers TV, host Geoff Keighley revealed the next major Star Wars game from LucasArts: Star Wars 1313. Keighley went to Lucasfilm's Presidio campus in San Francisco, CA, to meet with LucasArts employees who were working on the game.

Star Wars 1313 takes place on the planet Coruscant, but it sounds like the game will focus on a particular area of the planet, because the number 1313 seems to refer to a location, not a person. (Time to give up on that Boba Fett theory, perhaps?) One LucasArts interviewee told Keighley, "It's about being a bounty hunter in the most dangerous place in the galaxy: 1313." As for who the main character will be: "We're not ready to talk about who you're going to be playing and the story itself."

Another LucasArts employee described Star Wars 1313 similarly to the live-action series. "It's the worst of the worst of the Star Wars galaxy brought together in one place," he explained. The game will highlight "all of these more mature themes that we haven't really explored."

Star Wars 1313, which will be played from the third-person perspective, involved significant collaboration between LucasArts and Industrial Light & Magic. ILM employees showed off a few generic-looking character models and some of the game's facial recognition/motion-capture technology. This is the same "real-time digital human rendering" that ILM used to turn actor Mark Ruffalo into The Hulk in The Avengers.

As part of a digital lighting demo for Keighley, another ILM employee showed off a still image of a character rappelling down a line onto a ship as it descended a canyon. The canyon reminded me of a Coruscant underworld scene in The Clone Wars Season 2 finale, Lethal Trackdown. Given that they both take place on Coruscant, I wouldn't be surprised if that ship was descending into the very same underworld.

At the end of the short preview, Keighley promised that the LucasArts team would return to GameTrailers TV with the first ever gameplay demo of Star Wars 1313. That gameplay premiere will take place next Monday, June 4th at 10pm ET on Spike.

Earlier this evening, word leaked out that the new LucasArts game would be the mysterious "Star Wars 1313" project. Gaming blog Joystiq reported at 8:55pm ET that a video on the GameTrailers TV website carried a description reading "E3 begins on GTTV with the Star Wars 1313 announcement..." That video, which appeared to be tonight's full GTTV episode, was posted prematurely and quickly disappeared.

Star Wars fandom was rife with speculation that the number "1313" signaled a Boba Fett project as soon as news broke of the domain name registrations. Prior to this game announcement, the only occurrence of "1313" in the Star Wars franchise was in a Fett-focused young reader novel: the bounty hunter adopted the alias "CT-1313" in Boba Fett: Maze of Deception.

The website http://www.starwars1313.com now redirects to a new LucasArts landing page. A press release from LucasArts announcing the project can be found here. Star Wars 1313 also has an official Facebook page.

Here's a description of the game's premise from the press release:

Named for Level 1313, a ruthless criminal underground deep below the surface of the planet of Coruscant, the game puts players in control of a deadly bounty hunter as he uses an arsenal of exotic weaponry to hunt down his marks and uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy. Star Wars 1313 emphasizes epic set pieces and fast-paced combat with a hero who uses human skills and gadgets, rather than supernatural Force powers, to make his way through this dangerous world.

You can watch the entire GTTV episode right here. The reveal of Star Wars 1313 starts at 1:12 in the video.

Stay tuned to TFN as we bring you the latest news about Star Wars 1313!

Well, I'm excited. Thank god its not another stupid Kinect game or MMO. Just waiting for DelRey to announce the tie in novel and Dark Horse to launch the tie in comic series. Maybe some action figures from Hasbro. :fwap:

Still hoping the Bounty Hunter in question is Boba Fett.

149444_140815656042659_132582286865996_21415_1123827518_n.jpg

So its set in the Dark Times (19BBY-0BBY) at the earliest. Possibly during the OT.

Star Wars 1313 Gameplay Demo

Posted By Eric on June 4, 2012

A few days ago, LucasArts revealed Star Wars 1313. Tonight on Spike TV's E3 All Access Live program, Star Wars 1313 Creative Director Dominic Robilliard joined GameTrailers TV's Geoff Keighley and showed off the in-game experience with one cutscene and two actual gameplay clips. Before the footage, Keighley referenced Star Wars 1313's probable ESRB rating by calling the game "M-rated Star Wars, gritty, [and] real."

The first piece of footage was a cutscene involving two roguish-looking humans talking as their ship descended to Level 1313 on Coruscant. As the ship's hatch closed, the more experienced-looking man told his younger companion (whose face bore a striking resemblance to Mark Hamill) that he'd just taken his last breath of fresh air for a while. This cinematic sequence was short (about thirty seconds).

The first gameplay clip was almost as brief and even less eventful. As the men's ship crashed and burned around them, sinking ever deeper into the Coruscant underworld, the player's character (the younger man) struggles to hold onto flaming wreckage and make his way back into the ship.

According to LucasArts' Robilliard, Star Wars 1313 transitions seamlessly in and out of cutscenes.

The second gameplay clip was a little more interesting. The player, still controlling the younger rogue, ducked behind crates and took quick shots at mysterious attackers who had boarded the damaged, falling ship. The shooting and movement reminded me of BioWare's Mass Effect 3.

After the preview was over, Robilliard told Keighley that he couldn't talk release dates just yet. He said to wait for an announcement later this year.

We'll be sure to bring you that announcement and any other Star Wars 1313 news right here on TFN!

Will probably get more info at Celebration VI in August. Lucasfilm will be saving all the big news on everything Star Wars for then. They haven't mentioned any consoles yet but I can't see them not releasing it for PS3  :undecided:

That looks fairly pretty and the transition from 'cut-scene' to gameplay was smooth but was on high-end PC tech so I'm not holding my breath for console versions.

They almost always end up fucking up Star Wars games anyway so at the minute I'm not too hopeful.

Not sure about this at all. It looks nice but I can't remember the last genuinely good Star Wars game I played. Jedi Knight? X-Wing Alliance? Rogue Squadron? There was a period where they did great games but for years now the games have just felt like attempts to cash in.

I really hope they have something good here. They had great ideas with 'Bounty Hunter' on the PS2 but the execution of that game wasn't great. Hopefully they are trying something similar here with a tighter engine where it is more than just running around gunning everything down.

Star Wars 1313 A Linear Single-Player Game

Leave a CommentPosted 32 minutes ago - By Stephen Johnson

Star Wars 1313

E3 is in full swing, people, and I've got some details on Star Wars 1313 for you. G4 hosted ILM's Visual Effects Supervisor, Kim Libreri, and LucasArts' Creative Director, Domini Robilliard, and the pair revealed some interresting info about Star Wars 1313.

First off, we learned that the game is currently in pre-production, and it's way too early for even an estimated release date. As for the game itself, it's a single-player linear game, that features fast-paced, cover-oriented shooter gameplay with platforming elements.

When asked if the hero was original to the game, the devs demured a bit, saying: "We can't talk about the main character yet." Hmmm... we know it's about Star Wars bounty hunters, and every Star Wars fan loves a famous bounty hunter. No, I'm not talking about Greedo. I'm talking about Mr Boba Fett. Could Fett star in the game? I can only hope.

Stay tuned. We'll have a video up for you soon, and it's very impressive.

Interesting.

Rumor has it that the character models in the vids we've seen are placeholders for the real characters. So it could still be Boba or another character from the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

Despite the fact that this looks pretty good thus far I'm a little disappointed that they have not offered up a new X-Wing/Rogue Squadron game. I've been hopeful that with the improvements in technology since their last attempts that they might look to combine the two and do a space combat game that also offers atmospheric battles. Maybe next time I guess.

Despite the fact that this looks pretty good thus far I'm a little disappointed that they have not offered up a new X-Wing/Rogue Squadron game. I've been hopeful that with the improvements in technology since their last attempts that they might look to combine the two and do a space combat game that also offers atmospheric battles. Maybe next time I guess.

You'll have to wait as another sequel to Jedi Knight, Republic Comando 2 and Battlefront 3, TFU3 (simply t finish the story) are all in demand from fans as well. For the record I don't think any of them will get made.

IG-88

Dengar

Bosk

4-LOM

Zuckuss

There's a lot more than that  :D Personally, I think (well hope rather) that it is a new character and this game will tie into the live action series that I've been hearing about for ever. A guy can dream right?

No, not one of those will get made. But when was the last X-Wing game released? Alliance in 1999 or something? I'd really love to see what they could add to it after so many years.