Eintracht Frankfurt 0-0 Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Can Frankfurt still qualify?

Erm i think they can, but im not sure what fixtures are left. They can still finish on five points if they win their last game.

Newcastle ... 10 pts

Vigo ... 4 pts

Fenerbahce ... 3 pts

Palermo ... 3 pts

Frankfurt ... 2 pts

So i think it's still mathematically possible, but i'm not sure who plays who.

Or basically, you can't be arsed to give a proper comeback because your argument is so shit and is a load of utter nonsense.

Cheers.

What? You can suggest that Luque was the most hardworking player on the pitch. How could I rebut, without using video replay, if you insist so?

Can Frankfurt still qualify?

Erm i think they can, but im not sure what fixtures are left. They can still finish on five points if they win their last game.

Newcastle ... 10 pts

Vigo ... 4 pts

Fenerbahce ... 3 pts

Palermo ... 3 pts

Frankfurt ... 2 pts

So i think it's still mathematically possible, but i'm not sure who plays who.

It's Fener v Frankfurt and Palermo v Celta.

Or basically, you can't be arsed to give a proper comeback because your argument is so shit and is a load of utter nonsense.

Cheers.

What? You can suggest that Luque was the most hardworking player on the pitch. How could I rebut, without using video replay, if you insist so?

... Say again? :?

Cheers.

All irrelevant.

The real question of the night is:

Was the Bill on and what happened?

Boro fans answer on a postcard.

Guest assyriantoon

Today was a poor, scrappy performance from us. Roeder needs to understand that putting a target man up front in a 4-5-1 wont work because Sibi heads the ball down for nobody. The only way we could pull that off would be if we had a quicker more mobile midfield. I think Emre had a poor game. He was good at challanging and coming out with the ball but he didnt seem to show anything creatively. I did not like the way in which Martins seemed to howl at N'Zogbia at everyone of his mistakes. Its obvious that he is suffering a bit of poor form, possibly to do with Boumsong leaving and I think that Martins should be more proffesional and perhaps put his arm around him because it wont improve his confidence, shouting at him. Think Steven Taylor was immense at the back. The problems we had defensively today were crosses from Ramages side and through balls through the centre (which Bramble dealt with poorly apart from one occasion). The reason I blame Bramble and not Taylor is that they came through the left centre and Bramble always seemed to be with nobody whereas Taylor had his marking spot on.

Thank Jesus we are top though  :cool:

Taylor did really well.

A string of recent good performances from the lad.

Really what i like to see, glad he's back to his almost best.

Just need to cut out the silly shit, anything else i can forgive due to age

Guest DONTOONER

Solano Butt and emre were great for me tonight...

Talyor was average to me although it did seemed like he made less mistakes in recent games....

After seeing woodgate playing for us,a good performance from a centre back for me must be at least be at that standard.

Base on tonights performance...they had like 6 to 7 clear chances to score... out of those chances there were like 3 to 4 crosses that our CBs completely lost thier man. BE HONEST if we got hammer today 4 nail would you have said the two CBs have done well?????? I doubt not....

IF we missed that amount of chances and spunned the match....my post match review would be the opposition defence sucks.

I know about the hype of Taylor...but he has still loads to learn about positioning and reading of the game.

The midfield did alright for me and butt did cover some defensive errors made by others, overall on good game although we were over run by thier midfield at times ...they had some nice slick passing.(Roeder has to learn) even thier off the ball movements were pretty good.

All in all, we were lucky to get a result looking forward to Reading.

Guest Ridzuan

Another clean sheet,but I think we are really fortunate to get a clean sheet as well as a draw from the game.Frankfurt was clearly the better side in the night,but they didnt took their chances.We had 2 great chances and I thought we were unlucky not to score the first with Sibierski header.As for the second chance,I thought Emre should have done better.Nevertheless,a point was all we needed to secure the top spot especially with Fenebache losing,so Im pleased with our progress thus far.

"and I think that Martins should be more proffesional and perhaps put his arm around him because it wont improve his confidence, shouting at him."

bollocks, the kid needs a kick up the arse.  hes been doin the french le sulk thing for weeks, and its time he grew up and started to perform.

if hes crap he needs to be informed of his shiteness.  which remindsme, can someone paint a 10m high sign and take to the next 3 games:

RAMAGE IS NOT A LEFT BACK !!!!    (hes redefining the meaning of shiteness in that role)

A great result but a poor performance. We were lucky and I felt a bit sorry for Frankfurt and their excellent support (not too sorry though obviously). We caused them a lot more problems once Martins came on though and we had the disadvantage of effectively playing with 10 men prior to that ;)

And another good, hardworking performance from Sibierski I thought.

Ramage was fucking awful btw and I've stuck up for him in the past because of his honesty. I realise he is playing out of position but their right-winger got too many crosses in far too easily.

Under constant pressure from a very so good team, we were poor and clung on, cannot defend crosses for love no money. We were lucky very lucky indeed to get a 0-0, but Butt was our best player by miles.

Can't complain its job done, they were enver going push themselves to the limit in that game as long as it stayed at 0-0, IMO it was the right thing to do, no point killing themsleves when it was not needed.  :thup:

Top preformance from Taylor. We got the job done but clearly missed Scott Parker tonight. Emre did alright as well..

I'm intrigued to know how you worked that one out. Emre had a good game, as did Butt. Nothing suggested to me that we missed Parker.

Also, although he only did it twice I was starting to get annoyed with Martins for straying offside.

He soo quick, why does he need to be on the line all the time?

I felt really sorry for Sibi tonight. Constant shit service to him apart from Martins cross where he was really unlucky made it look like he had a poor game, whereas in reality I thought he battled really well up there on his own for the most part.  :thup:

Bramble nearly had a good game tonight, but spoiled it with one poor pass and one poor 'clean the man and ball' tackle on the edge of the box where he was extremely lucky to get away without a booking.

Lot of decent performers tonight and a good result to go with it.  :)

Aye, I thought the same when I read that daft comment about the team missing Parker. Don't think I've laughed as much in ages, tbh.

Butt had a great game, his speed of moving the ball on was excellent throughout, many times not even taking a touch to control the ball but instead playing a quality *first time and forward* pass to a teammate. Parker should have been watching because that's exactly what he is incapable of doing and why he will never be good enough for that role. With players up front with pace, such as Martins and Owen, this type of passing is even more important. One touch before passing is often enough for the target recipient of the pass to be caught offside even if they don't have bags of pace, if they do have pace that one touch is a killer. And with Martins, Owen, Zog and Dyer in the team there will be lots of pace there, the passing has to be slicker.

3 twirls and a quick tab before passing and there's no chance......

Shitty game, but the atmosphere on O'Reillys was worth the whole trip, Copenhagen Mags, Toons of Denmark.

I recorded this on O'Reillys thursday afternoon.

Aye, we were right next to the Copenhagen Mags and started the "Denmark, gis a song" chant - were you in that tiny bar with those two lasses serving till about 5.30 after O'Neils as well?

O'Neils was even more crackers on Wednesday night, pissed geordies pogoing on the tables and nearly killing themselves when they fell off.

O'Neils was even more crackers on Wednesday night, pissed geordies pogoing on the tables and nearly killing themselves when they fell off.

A guy in the Euro away shirt nearly died when he put one foot on the table, then his other foot down over the ledge, resulting in him meeting the floor with great speed.

Was that the one who took his mate with him?  :lol:  He nearly hit me and broke my neck cos we were on the table just behind the long bar thing everyone was pogoing on (the table *clap clap clap* the table *clap clap clap*).  Some other guy over balanced and tried to steady himself on the ceiling, but ended up falling chest-first onto 2 pint glasses, a candle holder and a bottle of ketchup.  Thought he was probably deed when he lay there for 5 seconds an all.

it was hilarious with the lads going to the toilet when the door was shut? anyone see that?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEY!!!

ITS SHUT AND YOU KNOW IT IS, ITS SHUT AND YOU KNOW IT IS!

Haha yeah we sat at the table just next to that toilet door, with the banner Toons of Denmark on tour behind us, it was hilarious!