Potential 3rd place teams (Next round opponents)

Ashley17

Group A: Auxerre or Livorno (Livorno must win in France, Auxerre win could knock Mccabi Haifa down to third)

Group B: Leverkusen or Besiktas (Leverkusen vs Besiktas, Leverkusen need win)

Group C: SC Braga or Slovan Liberec (Braga must beat Grasshoppers, Liberec don't play)

Group D: Lens, Osasuna or Herenveen (All have 4 points, Herenveen must win at home to Lens, Osasuna need a point in Parma)

Group E: Feyenoord or Wisla (Feyenoord must win at home to Wisla)

Group F: Ajax or Zulte Waregem (Zulte Waregem vs Ajax, Waregem need a draw to stay 2nd, Ajax need win to take 2nd)

Group G: Anyone from Hapoel Tel-Aviv, Rapid Bucuresti, Mlada Boleslav or PSG (too many combinations to type out)

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/Standings/index.html

I'd rather have a supposed "established" eurpoean side, like Ajax or Lens. Just seems like we'll play someone like Liberec and get fucked on.

Guest TheOrder

dosn't seem good..

too many though oppenents

but yet again,u got to beat big teams to win the title :)

Thats what they said about our 'group of death'

They've all been wank so far!

Some tricky looking ties there,sure theres no more Latvian/lithuanian.estonian teams we could play.Or Jocks for that matter.

The "Jocks" who are involved in Europe are Celtic in the Champions League and Rangers in the Uefa who both like us have qualified and are top of their respective groups, not bad for "mickey mouse" clubs ;)

Even Scotland are top of their European group in the European Championships, Scottish football isn't as big a shambles at the moment as many on here would have you believe.

Some tricky ties in there, without a doubt. Yet there's some fairly simple ones aswell.

To be honest - after four gruelling group games, i think i'd quite like an easier draw. Prior to the group stages, i was all for getting a tricky draw, unlike our last two UEFA Cup ventures, simply to inject some interest and some atmosphere - which it did, and it was great and it's a massive achievement. But now, i think i'd just like a 'simple' passage through to the next round.

Slovan Liberec please.

Some tricky looking ties there,sure theres no more Latvian/lithuanian.estonian teams we could play.Or Jocks for that matter.

The "Jocks" who are involved in Europe are Celtic in the Champions League and Rangers in the Uefa who both like us have qualified and are top of their respective groups, not bad for "mickey mouse" clubs ;)

Even Scotland are top of their European group in the European Championships, Scottish football isn't as big a shambles at the moment as many on here would have you believe.

Back into your hole, you skirt-wearing sissy :wink:

There is quite a good chance that Feyenoord will be punished severe after the riots againt Nancy.

Maybe even be banned from European football for some time

Guest smoggeordie

There is quite a good chance that Feyenoord will be punished severe after the riots againt Nancy.

Maybe even be banned from European football for some time

Good

Guest Invicta_Toon

:lol:

My flatmate is called Nancy

Was giving it the biggun last night 'Nancy entertains the entire Feyenord squad this evening'

she is a bit of a scrubber like

Following a prediction of results and goal difference outcomes, etc, i can officially tell you that the third placed teams will be:

Group 1: Auxerre

Group 2: Bayer Leverkusen

Group 3: Sporting Braga

Group 4: Osasuna

Group 5: Feyenoord

Group 6: Zulte Waregem

Group 7: Rapid Bucharest

Group 8: Palermo

And, in my personal opinion - here is the order of which teams we would like:

1. Zulte Waregem (BEL)

2. Sporting Braga (POR)

3. Auxerre (FRA)

4. Rapid Bucharest (ROM)

5. Osasuna (SPA)

6. Bayer Leverkusen (GER)

7. Feyenoord (NED)

(We cannot play Palermo)

Current best teams in the tournament:

1. Espanyol

2. Sevilla

3. Tottenham Hotspur

And i'm chuffed Sevilla and Alkmaar are in the same group... one of them is going to get a Champions League team which would be very handy.