Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I thought Rafa might have kept him as he seemed to like him, a good thing from this is that it shows that Rafa is brutal and will only keep players who he feels will make a contribution.

I thought Rafa might have kept him as he seemed to like him, a good thing from this is that it shows that Rafa is brutal and will only keep players who he feels will make a contribution.

Gouffran ?

Gouffran ?

If I'm right he'll have kept Gouffran as a cheap option who isn't likely to play much.

The only extended period where he was ever decent was playing right back in the Championship. He'll have been on decent Premiership wages all the time he was with us. No other club tried to buy him off us during his contract. He couldn't cope with the physical side of the game in midfield. He's too short to compete in the air. A good professional and no doubt a good guy. I'll be interested to see where he ends up. Probably back in the Netherlands.

Always wanted him to do well but IMO he is just not big enough or fast enough to play in CM in England. He's made a decent stab at RB but DeYedlin has been growing as the season progressed and will probably start the season as first choice. We already have cover, old and young, in Gamez and Sterry with the possibility that Rafa thinks the Anita wages could be better spent elsewhere. Good luck to him.

The only extended period where he was ever decent was playing right back in the Championship. He'll have been on decent Premiership wages all the time he was with us. No other club tried to buy him off us during his contract. He couldn't cope with the physical side of the game in midfield. He's too short to compete in the air. A good professional and no doubt a good guy. I'll be interested to see where he ends up. Probably back in the Netherlands.

Had some awful displays as a right back in the Championship as well. Wolves at home he was terrible but Fulham at home was one of the worst displays I think I've ever seen from a full back.

Glad to see the back of him.

Oh look Wallsend Mag criticising Anita, there's a complete surprise.

That's cos I've always maintained that he's not very good. Would be rather silly of me to praise him now Rafa has given him the boot. No need to get upset about it precious.

How can anyone think he was good enough? He never established himself in the side during his whole contract. He certainly isn't good enough for the Premiership. He had the odd good game but which player doesn't?

It's weird how many mediocre players are liked on this forum while others are absolutely hated.

Good player but he was Pardewed badly from the start. For all his versatility, he's only ever been useful for us at RB. I don't think he'll be missed tbh.

Rafa certainly liked him though. I think Anita might have fancied a new challenge himself. It's a short career. Wonder where he ends up, as he's a bit unorthodox for a midfielder and although fairly reliable, he's still unproven at fullback.

Good player but he was Pardewed badly from the start. For all his versatility, he's only ever been useful for us at RB. I don't think he'll be missed tbh.

Rafa certainly liked him though. I think Anita might have fancied a new challenge himself. It's a short career. Wonder where he ends up, as he's a bit unorthodox for a midfielder and although fairly reliable, he's still unproven at fullback.

:lol:

What was our PL W/L/D percentage when he started and didn't start for us, and how does it compare with Colback and Gouffran?

They all play in different positions so this is pretty much a pointless exercise.