Coldplay tonight at the Arena

Guest BooBoo

Well i'm off now to watch the match, have a few beers and see Ashcroft and Coldplay. Sounds like adecent night out in the making!

rimshot.gif

Guest Geordiesned

Too pissed to give a proper review tonight but can I just say well fucking done to Chris Martin for managing to change a line of Politik to "Michael Owen scores a hattrick"!

Review will follow from me or Booboo!

have to agree was amazing gig , pure class , what was martin saying bout jimmy nail and noel galagher doin coke or suamt as well lol

proper qaulity gig will tell u all bout it when i am properly awake

Coldplay last night showed themselves to be one of the best and most professional bands around today. Quality stuff from start to finish, set highlights included the opening duo of Square One/ Politik, the giant yellow balloons during er Yellow and the encore of Swallowed in the Sea, In My Place and the final brilliant sing along to Fix You. Got to mention the light and screen show whcih was also pretty impressive. I've never seen the Arena so packed out for a support act but earlier, Richard Ashcroft had threatend to steal the show, even if his best songs were all Verve tunes- especially Lucky Man and Bittersweet Symphony.

The only thing slightly sterile about the night was the audience, but then Coldpaly dont exactly the more hardcore rock n roll element

Guest Howaythetoon

I only like Cold Play's earlier stuff, like Yellow, Scientist and a few others whose names escapes me. Can't get into their most recent music. They were quite unique when they come out, different and their vids were always class, but their songs are sounding the same now in my opinion.

The lines in Politik (as mentioned above), were changed to:

Wounds that heal

And cracks that fix

With Michael Owen hat tricks!

Got a big cheer.

what was the line where its was cahnged from up this mountain of mine to newcastle on tyne something like that , was class gig all the same, you aint going to get a mosh pit at coldplay there songs aint fast enough and was a lot of oldies there who wouldnt really start jumping about.

• 2 years later...

Can't believe it's been so long since they played the arena.

Looking at their tour dates, it seems that they don't think Newcastle is worth the trouble, but London gets a free gig.  :dave:

Guest Geordiesned

Can't believe it's been so long since they played the arena.

Looking at their tour dates, it seems that they don't think Newcastle is worth the trouble, but London gets a free gig.  :dave:

Aye, disappointed with the "nationwide" December tour!

Guest toonbaz

the whole album is available to listen to on the myspace tonight, it is indeed only a 10 song album, the first track is only an instrumental aswell, bit poor from such a big band.

theres a few decent tracks on it, nothing startling at the minute but its early days, normally takes me a few listens to get into an album

Great album, I like every song.

Especially Lost, Lovers In Japan/Reign Of Love, Strawberry Swing and Death And All His Friends. But all good songs, and the intro / outro thing also real good.

Gets better on every listening. And I have listened the album through and through about ten times now.

Absolutely loving lost and 42 in particular at the moment.

I assumed 42 was referring to days of detention without a charge and was going to be a cutting edge political rally cry against the Big Brotherfication of society by Blair, Brown and their cronies.  Which would have been nice.  Something interesting.  But it seems it's another maudlin song about dying, presumably the title comes from Hitch hikers guide.  :rolleyes:

Nerds.

Guest lankybellwipe

Absolutely loving lost and 42 in particular at the moment.

I assumed 42 was referring to days of detention without a charge and was going to be a cutting edge political rally cry against the Big Brotherfication of society by Blair, Brown and their cronies.  Which would have been nice.  Something interesting.  But it seems it's another maudlin song about dying, presumably the title comes from Hitch hikers guide.  :rolleyes:

Nerds.

I assumed 42 was level 42!

"The Chinese way - unt level 42!"

(partridge - no racism there btw)