Ambience in Frankfurt

Guest Eintrachtfan

Guest Eintrachtfan

Some Questions to all Newcastlefans who have been in Frankfurt.Did you like the ambience in our stadium?Why did you support your team so quietly?And how is your overall impression about Eintracht Frankfurt and its Fans now?

Good Luck for your Season!

Greetings from Frankfurt

Forza SGE

Guest smoggeordie

Quiet????

Come to SJP on on Saturday and you'll find out what quiet is.

Aye, it will be pretty quiet on Saturday wont it tongue.gif

Yes.

Guest Ridzuan

I wasnt there but I saw the match from my home.I dont know about our fans,because they wasnt featured much.The atmosphere was good,and I think the Frankfurt fans contributed to it more than our fans.I really like the part where you guys were jumping up and down.Maybe we should do that at our next home match.

Quiet????

Aye, it will be pretty quiet on Saturday wont it  tongue.gif

:lol:

From what I could tell from the tele, and have seen on youtube before (the "pippi longstocking jumping song"), the frankfurt fans make some incredible noise :)

Guest BigTrev

I wasnt there but I saw the match from my home.I dont know about our fans,because they wasnt featured much.The atmosphere was good,and I think the Frankfurt fans contributed to it more than our fans.I really like the part where you guys were jumping up and down.Maybe we should do that at our next home match.

Of course the frankfurt fans contributed more they were 45000 of the and only 2500 of us

Guest Eintrachtfan
I really like the part where you guys were jumping up and down.Maybe we should do that at our next home match.

That's a great idea for you to do.I'll watch you game against Reading and I would really like it to see you guys jumping in the rhythm of the "pippi longstocking jumping song'' like we do in Frankfurt.

I really like the part where you guys were jumping up and down.Maybe we should do that at our next home match.

That's a great idea for you to do.I'll watch you game against Reading and I would really like it to see you guys jumping in the rhythm of the "pippi longstocking jumping song'' like we do in Frankfurt.

yea, sure.. i bet that's not even permitted in england ;)

Guest Eintrachtfan
yea, sure.. i bet that's not even permitted in england

Don't bullshit me.Why shoold it be permitted?I remember some Stuttgartfans making a ,,Humba'' (also a kind of jumping)in the stadiums of Chelsea and Manchester.So just try it .

Guest asteroidblitz

Was sitting in the Frankfurt end. I could clearly hear our fans during most of the match. The Frankfurt fans were indeed noisy, but it was in a less spontaneous way.

I wanted to strangle the fat Greek-German lass sat behind me who wet her knickers every time one of their Greeks got the ball:

Ioannnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii  :roll:

Guest Saint Andy

looks like a good bunch of fans in Frankfurt from what I saw on TV. nice stadium too, except for those screens to bounce the ball off.  ;)

Quiet????

Aye, it will be pretty quiet on Saturday wont it tongue.gif

:lol:

From what I could tell from the tele, and have seen on youtube before (the "pippi longstocking jumping song"), the frankfurt fans make some incredible noise :)

Here's the clip, check out the state of the stand towards the end of the 2nd clip :D ...(assume I can post this as there's no football footage/not EPL?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aroU9Z4K9js&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Zy7Olydus&mode=related&search=

on a side note not only is the EPL overrated but so is the so called 'great atmosphere' that EPL fans supposedly generate IMO  :thdn:

Guest NorwegianMag

I agree. Fantastic fans, and we have alot to learn! Start jumping guys, that clip was pure class!

Scarfes and jumping, would have looked great!

Quiet????

Come to SJP on a Saturday and you'll find out what quiet is.

I have been to a few French league games. Even an ordinary Ligue 1 game is significantly noisier than any game in St James's park.

What strikes me the most is the difference on fan organisation. Frankly in St Jame's the fans vocal support are quite repetitive, simple, monotomous and disorganised. Whereas French supporters are a lot more organised, their songs/chants more colourful and interesting.

However, it could be quite scary to be an away fan in Ligue 1, whereas it is very safe here.

we've really declined atmosphere wise.

We used to have a smashing range of songs - imaginative and funny.

What we have now is repetative and dull. Yes we used to sing Blaydon Races and Newcastle Newcastle and United United, but they were just a small number of our reparte. They're just about all we have, along with TOON TOON Black and White Army!. Its not the only reason, but I think one of the reasons the atmosphere has diminished is because people are bored of the same songs, I know I get bored of them.

Songs for players are rubbish, we don't think, we use the same generic songs 'there's only one <insert relevant name>'

The occasional time we do get a decent song, it gets a quick airing and is then forgotten about. Its such a waste.

The Eintracht fans were great, no sign of any trouble anywhere. Inside the ground was excellent,  although the singing was all choriographed. You could even take your beer to your seat. At SJP you cant even get a drink on Euro nights. (We have a lot to learn) All in all a good trip.

On the subject of beer,I couldn't believe all the Eintracht fans in the Underground waiting for the train to the ground.

They all had bottles and cans,even saw a fan with a full crate of lager which was half full of empties,the coppers didn't seem to mind people having a piss in the street either,do owt like that here and your straight in the cells.

The fact is that attitudes at stadiums in England and Germany are very different.

There are a few reasons why we could never have the whole end jumping like you lot:

1.  Behind the goal at Frankfurt is obviously a recognised place for the 'singers' to congregate - We have no such area to do this as the hardcore suppoters are scattered amongst families etc.

2. It is illegal to stand on masse during the match at Premiership games - yes we do it at away from home but at home it simply would not happen.