Henrik Larsson joins Man U on loan

bodson

shocked very shocked!!  blueeek.gif blueeek.gif

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=432484&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Larsson+lined+up+by+United

Reports in Sweden claim Manchester United are due to sign Henrik Larsson on a three-month loan.

Larsson's current club Helsingborgs have called a press conference for Friday afternoon when a big announcement will be made.

According to the Swedish media, the announcement will concern Helsingborgs agreeing to loan Larsson to United for three months.

United are currently short of striking options, with Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha the only recognised forwards available to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is injured, Alan Smith is still short of match fitness and Giuseppe Rossi is on loan at Newcastle United.

Ferguson recently hinted he could sign a striker in January and a possible three-month loan deal for Larsson would be suitable to all parties.

More to follow...

Must be an agreement in place to keep Rossi then,  surely?

Either that or i would not be surprised if we try and make a big bid to buy Alan Smith, he would be the type of forward Glen is looking for strengh and can hold up the ball and would be a ideal partner for Obafemi Martins or when Micheal Owen returns in March.

just a shocker

Larsson,decent player,but united!!

sure they are lacking strikers,but they are not THAT despreate

do they think he will be the Fowler of united,i bet he will get few goals,but yet again,thats a shocker,i thought he was going to retire at the end of the season

that put a smile on my face :)

but we DON't want rossi,he is NOT our player and never will be,unless united decide to sell their future prospect for chips..

Their squad depth at the moment is poor (Only a few knocks away from Smith, Richardson, Fletcher, Silvestre, etc) and its not suprising they are looking for new players but this is a strange one. Have Helsingborg played in Europe this season? His availability for potential Champions League games is the only reason I can think they would be interested in such a blatant stopgap instead of making an actual signing. Either that, or they're skint (Dare to dream!).

Guest Gemmill

I suppose its good for us really, theyg et him it means we are not going to be fighting with them when trying to lure a striker here.

That sounds like a hell of a one-sided fight!  tongue.gif

I suppose its good for us really, theyg et him it means we are not going to be fighting with them when trying to lure a striker here.

That sounds like a hell of a one-sided fight! tongue.gif

It'll make the January tussle for Darren Bent more interesting, that's for certain.

That sounds like a hell of a one-sided fight! tongue.gif

It'll make the January tussle for Darren Bent more interesting, that's for certain.

No thanks, he's just another one season wonder a la Phillipps, Ricketts, Stewart, etc.