Adam Campbell released

gbandit

Went to the game yesterday. Wanted to see if he can change my opinion.

He played well. Fair play to the lad, seems to be playing with the right attitude and commitment. Hard to judge longer term in this standard though.

Still if he keeps this up it can only be good for us, even if it is to increase any fee.

Just watched the whole game today, he seemed to enjoy a free role from behind Thompson along with McGowan on the other side (more of a 4-3-2-1 than 4-3-3). Didn't stick to the touchline by any means, drifted about plenty and looked to get into the box when he could as well. Most impressed I've been by him so far, but the whole team played far better in that new shape.

Newton did tremendously for the second goal as well, lovely ball up the flank. He looked a different player moved inside and was a good driving force for them on the counter - has been playing right of midfield in a 4-4-2 lately.

Just watched the whole game today, he seemed to enjoy a free role from behind Thompson along with McGowan on the other side (more of a 4-3-2-1 than 4-3-3). Didn't stick to the touchline by any means, drifted about plenty and looked to get into the box when he could as well. Most impressed I've been by him so far, but the whole team played far better in that new shape.

Newton did tremendously for the second goal as well, lovely ball up the flank. He looked a different player moved inside and was a good driving force for them on the counter - has been playing right of midfield in a 4-4-2 lately.

:thup: Gonna make a point of going to one of their matches soon myself.

• 6 months later...

His size does him no favours in the lower leagues. He needed a brave manager to involve him in the matchday squads when he broke through as he was good enough.

Seems to have gone backwards since his debut against Cardiff 2 seasons ago. Crying shame as during that 10 minutes he was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

His size does him no favours in the lower leagues. He needed a brave manager to involve him in the matchday squads when he broke through as he was good enough.

Seems to have gone backwards since his debut against Cardiff 2 seasons ago. Crying shame as during that 10 minutes he was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

I remember that game and I agree, although any player that hasn't been part of too many matchday squads tends to shine, less Pardew effect.

• 4 weeks later...