Alan Pardew

Dave

He's been a mess in his comments for the past months. I think it's a sign of pressure getting to him. It could well lead to a bit of panic as he's reminded of his limitations and suddenly experiencing a scenario that has been his downfall before.

Circumstances are different now with his contract/relationship with Ashley. I hope that security will see him through things, but he's showing next to no signs of getting to grasp with things. I had hope for us when we played so well at Manchester United and then gave Arsenal a game (for a while). However, that collapse at The Emirates wasn't that of a healthy team. It's led me to believe things are seriously slipping away from him.

With his captain wanting to go, his best player leaving, failing to get the identified replacement, I think these are signs that won't improve the players trust in him either. The performance at Brighton caused him to say a few things that I reckon will only hurt him and us. He needs everyone on board instead of blaming groups of players.

As for us being where we are, I can't believe he's not come out once and taken responsibility for it. His mentality and footballing philosophy has been abysmal, especially for the first 15 games. I'd actually argue that we've played better at times during this lose-every-game inferno. The football we produced at Reading for example was one of the most shambolic shit I've seen, same goes for the first half at Everton. Demba's goals and some incredible luck, that's the reason we're not sitting even further down. Blame whatever you want, there is no reason whatsoever for us to be down there. All his own doing for not playing to the players' strengths.

He's been struggling all season and has been poor at making the big descisions most importantly getting steamrollered by Ba. If he values himself and wants to give himself the best chance he has to be pressuring Ashley on a daily basis with regard to transfers....He will know more than any of us the danger the club is in with regard to relegation. The comments now are of a cornered man.

He's been a mess in his comments for the past months. I think it's a sign of pressure getting to him. It could well lead to a bit of panic as he's reminded of his limitations and suddenly experiencing a scenario that has been his downfall before.

Circumstances are different now with his contract/relationship with Ashley. I hope that security will see him through things, but he's showing next to no signs of getting to grasp with things. I had hope for us when we played so well at Manchester United and then gave Arsenal a game (for a while). However, that collapse at The Emirates wasn't that of a healthy team. It's led me to believe things are seriously slipping away from him.

With his captain wanting to go, his best player leaving, failing to get the identified replacement, I think these are signs that won't improve the players trust in him either. The performance at Brighton caused him to say a few things that I reckon will only hurt him and us. He needs everyone on board instead of blaming groups of players.

As for us being where we are, I can't believe he's not come out once and taken responsibility for it. His mentality and footballing philosophy has been abysmal, especially for the first 15 games. I'd actually argue that we've played better at times during this lose-every-game inferno. The football we produced at Reading for example was one of the most shambolic s*** I've seen, same goes for the first half at Everton. Demba's goals and some incredible luck, that's the reason we're not sitting even further down. Blame whatever you want, there is no reason whatsoever for us to be down there. All his own doing for not playing to the players' strengths.

agree. Fact is he is a limited manager and his approach is outdated. His biggest and most positive achivement here is how he made the squad a strong unit willing to fight for each other. (Chris H. started that) Thats a big reason why we got so many points last year.

He build a strong relation with players and they fighted for him and each other. My fear is this is falling apart slowly. Bad/unnecessary comments about squad players not being good enough, basically saying he don´t believe in them and they have let him down is not gonna help the course.

I also think the players are starting to wonder why he was offered a 8 year contract? Seems like he is protecting the owners more than his players.

Finally our best players will leave if we continue to play the way we do. For example arfa can´t deliver under these conditions and cabaye is chasing the ball for 90 minutes instead of being the creative and dominating playmaker he can be and should be.

Here's a shout for you. Would you take Di Canio?

I would personally, plenty of bollocks, likely to inspire a revival, will be fierce in his approach to press. Overall would be a lot more interesting that what we currently have. Would galvanise imo

How's he doing with Swindon, what approach to football does he have?

Not a bad shout on at least he would fight

I would personally, plenty of bollocks, likely to inspire a revival, will be fierce in his approach to press. Overall would be a lot more interesting that what we currently have. Would galvanise imo

Ashley / Di Canio combo. Its doomed, sadly

Says he loves French players in the same article so if Ashley's wallet is prised open it looks like we will be shopping in Ligue 1 again.

France have won the WC ONCE - just like England...how have they performed in Int Competiton since 1998..?

They have SOME good players but as for making them the yardstick for footballers ? Don't buy it.

Think Germany, Argentina and Brazil for consistently top sides - look how Hamman and Podolski have done in their PL stints as well as many of the Argies who came here. Holland also produces good players but they are a small country so lose them quickly.

The reason there are not more Germans in the Pl is that the Bundesliga is a good league and they are pretty well paid too.

England could produce at least as many good players as France if they had a proper coaching set-up for kids and young players...the will simply isn't there in the country to do it.

France aren't the yardstick for good footballers but Ligue 1 is a great place to shop if you want good footballers for sensible money because the wages are so much lower.

...and that is all that matters to Ashley and Llambias.

Says he loves French players in the same article so if Ashley's wallet is prised open it looks like we will be shopping in Ligue 1 again.

France have won the WC ONCE - just like England...how have they performed in Int Competiton since 1998..?

They have SOME good players but as for making them the yardstick for footballers ? Don't buy it.

Think Germany, Argentina and Brazil for consistently top sides - look how Hamman and Podolski have done in their PL stints as well as many of the Argies who came here. Holland also produces good players but they are a small country so lose them quickly.

The reason there are not more Germans in the Pl is that the Bundesliga is a good league and they are pretty well paid too.

England could produce at least as many good players as France if they had a proper coaching set-up for kids and young players...the will simply isn't there in the country to do it.

France aren't the yardstick for good footballers but Ligue 1 is a great place to shop if you want good footballers for sensible money because the wages are so much lower.

...and that is all that matters to Ashley and Llambias.

Hardly, you can buy cheaper players for League of Ireland, or League 2, or any number of places.

It's time for Paolo...

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/resources/images/1811832/?type=articleLandscape

Would love him here. Could be the new Keegan  :naughty:

Will still give him till the end of the season, but we really need to get someone in who can use the talent we have better than it's been used this last two seasons.

By the end of the season the players will be ready for a mass exodus. Whether we get relegated or stay up they will want out.

Fact is I personally think the better players have seen through him.

What happens when the new manager has a bad half a season?

That depends on your definition of bad. Look at Rodgers at Liverpool, things haven't exactly gone great for him so far yet he has the backing of the supporters because they know they need a long-term outlook to things. As things stand now they are getting better and better with each game. Sometimes just because results are bad doesn't mean you aren't progressing.

Look at when Keegan took over from Allardyce - we had some shocking results yet people could see we were developing as a team.

Pardew highlights how jobs for the boys football is in my opinion. A lot of truly ppor managers out there.

It does drive me crazy how there's only a pool of about 10 people for every job in the country. Surely there are better equipped people getting overlooked.

I understand where you're coming from but at this point we have to ask ourselves if it is better to persist with something that is clearly not working or take a gamble and go for somebody different with a proven track record. I take nothing away from Pardew's achievements from last season, the results were above any realistic expectations for our squad, and it has earned him some leeway now things are not going so well, especially considering the extenuating circumstances of injuries, suspensions, lack of investment etcetra, but the signs are there that he is not the man who can turn this thing around. Important players are leaving the club or making comments they may consider doing so unless we show more ambition, we are not anywhere near as defensively solid as we were last year (the foundation of our success last season) and Pardew's public statements are becoming increasingly critical of his players and his employers. In short, he appears to be losing grip, and being where we are in the table we have to ask ourselves if we can take the risk on him turning things around if it means we may well go down if he can't.

I understand where you're coming from but at this point we have to ask ourselves if it is better to persist with something that is clearly not working or take a gamble and go for somebody different with a proven track record. I take nothing away from Pardew's achievements from last season, the results were above any realistic expectations for our squad, and it has earned him some leeway now things are not going so well, especially considering the extenuating circumstances of injuries, suspensions, lack of investment etcetra, but the signs are there that he is not the man who can turn this thing around. Important players are leaving the club or making comments they may consider doing so unless we show more ambition, we are not anywhere near as defensively solid as we were last year (the foundation of our success last season) and Pardew's public statements are becoming increasingly critical of his players and his employers. In short, he appears to be losing grip, and being where we are in the table we have to ask ourselves if we can take the risk on him turning things around if it means we may well go down if he can't.

It hasn't earned him much leeway if everyone wants him sacked.

I know what you mean in general though, if there was a brilliant manager ready to come in and head up a multi-year project I would go for it as well probably.

I really don't think appointing a self-admitted fascist to be manager of our club is a good idea.

It's a no anyway as he's not a yes man and speaks his mind.

I kinda wish he'd speak less of it. There's not a whole lot worth listening to.

rumours that Nigel Adkins is going to be replaced at Southampton. I think he would be a good manager for us. (And fits the criteria that Ashley normally wants as well)

Yeah, can imagine  Southampton reject given lots of time by our support. :lol: