need your help with research

Guest tvpollet

Guest tvpollet

Hi,

I am a Ph.D. Student in the psychology dept. in Newcastle University and for my research I desperately need your help.

If you spare 5 to 10 minutes please fill out my online questionnaire.

It involves briefly writing something about yourself and reading two stories about which we will ask you some questions. This questionnaire is at:

https://new.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2sKWYTXOTWfFZtO&SVID=Prod

(just click or copy/paste into your web browser).

Feel free to pass this on to anyone you know,

Many thanks

Thomas Pollet, Newcastle University, UK

Guest Gemmill

"Write a succinct and vivid report about a typical day in your life.  Write at least five sentences."

Do I look like your fucking slave, Thomas?!

Guest tvpollet

mmm I thought that the general toon fan was helpful and friendly either way... . If you feel offended sorry about that. I am just trying to find a broad sample of people to take part in my research.

best

th.

Guest Gemmill

mmm I thought that the general toon fan was helpful and friendly either way... . If you feel offended sorry about that. I am just trying to find a broad sample of people to take part in my research.

best

th.

I started the thing with a view to doing it, but when I came across the "Write a report.." request, I thought bollocks to that.  I would have answered multi-choice questions though.

You'll end up in McDonalds anyway mate, so I'll not waste my time. ;)

Guest tvpollet

Psychology degrees are a joke tbh.

hehe - Are you a sociologist by any chance? . My first degree is sociology, so in general I would agree with you most of psychology courses are a joke :)

Guest tvpollet

best

th.

I started the thing with a view to doing it, but when I came across the "Write a report.." request, I thought bollocks to that. I would have answered multi-choice questions though.

Mmm - I don't think i will end up there... with 2 Masters but you will never know of course in our current economy :)

Guest tvpollet

i think we'd be happier if the link looked as it was located in a British University rather than a shifty internet outfit TBH

Yes I tried to host at Newcastle university but they don;t have code to randomize questions so hence  the shifty internet outfit

Guest Gemmill

best

th.

I started the thing with a view to doing it, but when I came across the "Write a report.." request, I thought bollocks to that. I would have answered multi-choice questions though.

Mmm - I don't think i will end up there... with 2 Masters but you will never know of course in our current economy :)

Your have an English sounding name and yet you write like you have only a passing acquaintance with the English language.  Hmmmmm....

best

th.

You'd be surprised ...............................  it'll be the Public Sector for you me lad

Guest tvpollet

I googled the Quantics thing and it looks like a fairly standard site used by "bloody students" to collect research

still not going to use the link mind.................

as i tried to explain before their software runs surveys in a way  that was not possible using the uni's web design....

you can google my name and you will see that I am with newcastle uni if you are worried... .

Guest tvpollet

best

th.

You'd be surprised ............................... it'll be the Public Sector for you me lad

Probably yes, as I intend to stay in academia.

Guest tvpollet

best

th.

Your have an English sounding name and yet you write like you have only a passing acquaintance with the English language. Hmmmmm....

mmm - it is a riddle :). But you can try and guess whether I am English or not and what explains the phrasing I use.... .

Guest Magnetic North

Hi,

I am a Ph.D. Student in the psychology dept. in Newcastle University and for my research I desperately need your help.

If you spare 5 to 10 minutes please fill out my online questionnaire.

It involves briefly writing something about yourself and reading two stories about which we will ask you some questions. This questionnaire is at:

https://new.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2sKWYTXOTWfFZtO&SVID=Prod

(just click or copy/paste into your web browser).

Feel free to pass this on to anyone you know,

Many thanks

Thomas Pollet, Newcastle University, UK

Thomas, you'll find a lot of odd material here. A psychologist's dream:

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/list/s70.htm?f=71

Guest tvpollet

i think we'd be happier if the link looked as it was located in a British University rather than a shifty internet outfit TBH

hence my comment about wild horses.....

well I just cannot explain any more.

have a look at www.students.ncl.ac.uk/t.v.pollet to check if you don't trust it

Guest Magnetic North

best

th.

Your have an English sounding name and yet you write like you have only a passing acquaintance with the English language. Hmmmmm....

Belgium. Bingo Gemmil. (see Thomas' link - cv)

Your writing is ok Thomas  whistling.gif