Film You Recently Watched

Nicos Papavasiliou

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory -

I thought Michael Jackson was BRILLIANT in the lead role..............

:lol: saw that last week and thought it was pretty crap... couldnt stop noticing what was different from the 70s version.

Just finished watching The Breakfast Club... not bad, although the ending was rather abrupt.

Watched Charlie And The Chocolate Factory last night, it was alright, had some genuinely funny moments in it though; his quip about cannibalism, the willy wonka song... they both had me in stitches  bluelaugh.gif

Guest Hatful Of Hollow

Airplane!

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/images/airplane7.jpg

"Rumack: Captain, how soon can you land?

Captain Oveur: I can't tell.

Rumack: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.

Captain Oveur: No. I mean I'm just not sure.

Rumack: Well, can't you take a guess?

Captain Oveur: Well, not for another two hours.

Rumack: You can't take a guess for another two hours?"

One of the funniest films ever, certainly my favourite anyway, there's just so many classic one-liners and sight gags, it still remains brilliant on repeat viewing as you miss things from the previous viewing.

"You ever seen a grown man naked?"

"Nervous?

Yes.

First time?

No, I've been nervous lots of times."

SWAT- Shite, but not as bad as people make out, wouldn't pay to watch it though.

The Usual Suspects - Classic. I've only watched it once beofre last night about 8 years ago (was on movies) but i've got it on DVD, but never watched it since buying it. Its not as good second time round but you appreciate the quality and misleading storeyline a lot more, but the jaw dropping wow factor that stunned me isnt there but it brings back the memory of how you felt all so clear.

I bet everyone can remember the first time they saw that film. I'm gutted for one of my mates who actually knows how it ends so has never watched it. Am considering taken him to a Hypnotist to forget what he knows about the film so he can share in the marvel.

Ghostwatch - Haha, the program that scared te living daylights out of me when it was aired the one and only time on the BBC at Halloween some 13 years ago.

I remember it so well, its stuff of legends, especially if you watch it live between the ages of 9-14. So he bought on DVD a couple of weeks ago and lent me it. Not as good as first time round again but still pretty impressive. I got me lass to watch it and told her it was real. She bang into Most Haunted and i told her this was the first one but it never took off due to so many complaints. Hehe, she was cacking it. Needless to say she clicked on when Parkinson starts singing 'round and round the garden' she's stupid but not that thick!!!

The 3rd Harry potter film, made my girlfriend watch the friday trilogy so she made me watch these, got ripped off big style though as the friday films last an hour and a half if you are luck where the harry potter films last close to 2 and a half!

Searhed for this thread but couldn't find it...

Alien 3 is on channel 4.

I don't see why people hate this so much.  Obviously not as good as the first two but still a quality film.  It's the darkest, most claustrophobic of the series and an impressive debut from David Fincher.

Man I am a Fincher fan, when I was talking about this film with other people they told me go watch it without the attitude that its shit. I did and still thought it was pap. I even though ressurection was better than Alien3. I read an interview with Fincher he said the studio pretty much butchered his idea. Given the turn out of the Game, Se7en, Fight Club and Panic room I tend to believe him.

As it goes I just watch Blade Trinity, what a pile of poo! I loved Blade, I liked Blade2 man this was poor. I am a big fan of that guy from A guy, a girl and a pizza place. He was funny in parts thats about it.

Searhed for this thread but couldn't find it...

Alien 3 is on channel 4.

I don't see why people hate this so much.  Obviously not as good as the first two but still a quality film.  It's the darkest, most claustrophobic of the series and an impressive debut from David Fincher.

Man I am a Fincher fan, when I was talking about this film with other people they told me go watch it without the attitude that its shit. I did and still thought it was pap. I even though ressurection was better than Alien3. I read an interview with Fincher he said the studio pretty much butchered his idea. Given the turn out of the Game, Se7en, Fight Club and Panic room I tend to believe him.

As it goes I just watch Blade Trinity, what a pile of poo! I loved Blade, I liked Blade2 man this was poor. I am a big fan of that guy from A guy, a girl and a pizza place. He was funny in parts thats about it.

You must be tripping.

Ressurection was dire. 3 was at least passable.

The Longest Day

Was on TV today and I thought it was good.  Even John Wayne didn't spoil it.  Some amazing shots (planes eye view of the beaches, extended tracking shots).

Apocalypse Now Redux

Obviously seen it loads but watched it again the other night.  "Saigon.....Shit!".  Quality.

One Million Years BC

What a pile.  Ray Harryhausen is a god but using live animals and blowing them up looks shit.  Got it free so I won't whinge

Guest MrBass

Watched Gothika last night, which wasn't too bad.

Watched Unleashed Friday and thought it was very good.

Watched The Island last Wednesday and, despite being a bit on the long side, thought it was also very good.

• 4 weeks later...

On Monday, watched The 40 Year Old Virgin. Some parts were hysterical, others not funny at all. However, it was generally funny overall, and had a rather... unexpected ending bluelaugh.gif

Wednesday I finally got around to watching Crash, despite having it 'lying around' the house for a good few weeks; I always like to watch them as intended, on the big screen, first. What a good film this was, some really moving moments.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Anyone see Aguirre Wrath of God yesterday? I thought it was amazing, unexpectedly funny as well and Klaus Kinski has one of the biggest screen presences I've ever witnessed