Film You Recently Watched

Superbad came before it, didn't it? I know i saw it before Juno and the character of Evan, then, was absolutely mint. Mind, that more recent one with Cera looked quite cool - where he's got the split personality. Will probs get that on DVD when it comes out.

The taking of Pelham 123.

thought it was canny actually, better than some of the reviews had suggested. Never seen the original mind.

One of those that is very enjoyable without much to it.

Repo Men. When thinking about it properly, the film was utter shit, but really good mindless fun.

Hot Tub Time Machine

Got into a free preview yesterday and I thought it was canny funny. Nothing incredible, but up there with the best gross-out comedies like There's Something About Mary and Dumb and Dumber. Chevvy Chase still isn't funny like.

Revolver - Meh

The Anchorman - fuck me :doh:

Tomme Tønner (Empty Barrels) - A Norwegian wannabe Guy Ritchie  film. Average.

Haha, one of my all time favorites  :pow:

Brian Fantana: I give this little cookie an hour before we're doing to no-pants-dance. Time to musk up.

Ron Burgundy: Wow... Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne are you gonna go with? London Gentlemen or... Wait... No no no, hold on - Black Beard's Delight.

Brian Fantana: No. She gets a special cologne. It's called Sex Panther, by Odeon. It's illegal in 9 countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

Ron Burgundy: It's quite pungent.

Brian Fantana: Oh yeah.

Ron Burgundy: It's a formidable scent... Stings the nostrils... In a good way.

Brian Fantana: Yep.

Ron Burgundy: Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you. That smells like pure gasoline.

Brian Fantana: They've done studies. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Ron Burgundy: That doesn't make sense.

Watched The Shining over the weekend for the first time in a long while. Basically like watching There Will Be Blood set in a hotel. I dunno if others have made a similar observation, but it's basically the same fucking film.

Watched The Shining over the weekend for the first time in a long while. Basically like watching There Will Be Blood set in a hotel. I dunno if others have made a similar observation, but it's basically the same fucking film.

http://philzine.wordpress.com/2008/02/19/there-will-be-blood-jack-torrence-is-shining-through/

Oh.

Not saying it was an unoriginal comment or owt, just thought it was an interesting read to back up your point.

:thup:

http://philzine.wordpress.com/2008/02/19/there-will-be-blood-jack-torrence-is-shining-through/

Oh.

Not saying it was an unoriginal comment or owt, just thought it was an interesting read to back up your point.

:thup:

NP. Googling about, I see it's a comparison which has been made a few times. I think it would be brilliant to show these two films back-to-back, tbh: The Shining followed by There Will Be Blood which would be like a Shining II with DDL's character channelling the spirit of Jack.

Went to see Iron Man 2 last night, I hadn't seen the first one. Mick Rourke is hilarious but Downey Jr. was really annoying me after about an hour.

Scarlett Johansson was lovely and the lad out of Oceans Eleven was funny as!

Not so sure how it lived up to the first one but from what I saw of no.2 I have no idea how it made so much cash.

Somerstown. Another classic by Shane Meadows, far too short though.

Saw this not too long ago, thought it was really funny but like you said, far too short.  Dunno if I'd call it a classic though.

Nah I just mean another classic in Meadows' catalogue, really enjoyed it.

Went to see Iron Man 2 last night, I hadn't seen the first one. Mick Rourke is hilarious but Downey Jr. was really annoying me after about an hour.

Not so sure how it lived up to the first one but from what I saw of no.2 I have no idea how it made so much cash.

I never understand why people go to see sequels where they haven't seen the original film.

Anyway, I loved 'Iron Man'. Robert Downey Jnr's performance as Tony Stark made that film. If you found RDJ annoying I doubt you'd like 'Iron Man'. Personally I'm looking forward to watching 'Iron Man 2'.

I never understand why people go to see sequels where they haven't seen the original film.

Anyway, I loved 'Iron Man'. Robert Downey Jnr's performance as Tony Stark made that film. If you found RDJ annoying I doubt you'd like 'Iron Man'. Personally I'm looking forward to watching 'Iron Man 2'.

I went as it was a Corporate junket that I couldn't get out of.

I can see how RDJ was funny but to be honest by the end of the film he had become so repetitive that I wanted him to get his face smashed in! Hope you enjoy!