Election Day 2016 - Come watch the world end!

BlufPurdi

I was being a little tongue in cheek over the Jewish vote but I think,  especially amongst devout Black voters,  the separation of God and the democratic platform could be a wee problem.

I agree with your comments about Faux News.

Interestingly, Obama is the only Protestant among the candidates and their running mates. That's big in an election where many hardcore evangelical conservatives still distrust Romney because he's Mormon. And who despise Catholicism. Of course, those same evangelicals still think Obama is a radical Muslim fascist.

Obama will still win 95+% of the black vote simply because he's the Democratic candidate.

Interestingly, Obama is the only Protestant among the candidates and their running mates. That's big in an election where many hardcore evangelical conservatives still distrust Romney because he's Mormon. And who despise Catholicism. Of course, those same evangelicals still think Obama is a radical Muslim fascist.

Obama will still win 95+% of the black vote simply because he's the Democratic candidate.

Despise isn't too strong a word either. Cant you just feel the love and solidarity of the Christian community?  I am surprised Romney got as far as he did, considering that Mormonism is the biggest American scam ever and specifically what he believes. I did see an article about a coalition  of Black democratic pastors who made a statement that Obama's stance on same sex marriage could cost him the black Christian vole.  Like you, I think this is unlikely.

Trickle-down economics (or supply-side, if you will) is the biggest economic sham of the 21st century (communism notwithstanding). This is a system that has never been empirically proven to work in generating economic growth.

There's something along the lines of a trillion U.S. dollars being stored in off-shore banking accounts and kept away from taxation. That's ludicrous. This election is not about re-distribution of wealth as the Republicans would have us believe. It's about ensuring that the wealthiest 2% of Americans pay what they should be paying. Because they haven't been for some time.

Despise isn't too strong a word either. Cant you just feel the love and solidarity of the Christian community?  I am surprised Romney got as far as he did, considering that Mormonism is the biggest American scam ever and specifically what he believes. I did see an article about a coalition  of Black democratic pastors who made a statement that Obama's stance on same sex marriage could cost him the black Christian vole.  Like you, I think this is unlikely.

Spot on. Same-sex marriage won't hurt Obama in any marked way. The people opposed to marriage equality weren't going to vote for him anyway. And I tend to think Americans recognize the difference between the candidate pushing civil rights and the candidate who wants government to restrict certain rights, despite the rhetoric from Romney that he's the champion of small government.

100% at this point.  Republicans are currently polling 0% among black voters.

As well they should. This election can be seen as America of the past vs. America of the future. Or, if you will, as white males vs. everyone else.

Republicans are terrible at getting the minority vote. Latino-Americans will vote Democrat, black-Americans will vote Democrat, women will vote Democrat and those constituencies are only growing.

First Lady's speech was pretty good, but I'm struggling to see the point of these conventions.

Every speech is an audition to be President. Jesus.

Americans love the spectacle, too. Explosions, balloons, and excessive clapping are things everyone enjoys.

:lol:

Then back to the food coupons. ;)

Trickle-down economics (or supply-side, if you will) is the biggest economic sham of the 21st century (communism notwithstanding). This is a system that has never been empirically proven to work in generating economic growth.

There's something along the lines of a trillion U.S. dollars being stored in off-shore banking accounts and kept away from taxation. That's ludicrous. This election is not about re-distribution of wealth as the Republicans would have us believe. It's about ensuring that the wealthiest 2% of Americans pay what they should be paying. Because they haven't been for some time.

This top down lark is a proven failure, not that the promoters of it had any real beleif that it would benefit the majority anyway.

Everyone is getting tired of this tax haven nonsense.

My one worry is that if Obama is now saying he's going to tax the rich properly might mean he will lose... :kasper:

What a douche bag, love it when rich people tell poor people to lift themselves out of poverty all the while the rich people harbor money in tax free havens.  Does he not realise how stupid he sounds?  :lol:

:lol: Of course not, man.

What a douche bag, love it when rich people tell poor people to lift themselves out of poverty all the while the rich people harbor money in tax free havens.  Does he not realise how stupid he sounds?  :lol:

No he doesn't. It is a common problem on the right: unversalizing the personal. I have money and its no big deal, if you worked harder you could be rich too (like that evil australian bitch). I had to ask my parents for help through college (Mitt's dad was the CEO of the largest car manufacturer at the time), you should too. Simples. "We all have the same advantages and disadvantages" is the mantra of their Ayn Rand narcissit groupthink bullshit.

It is also why I think most (if not all) of these anti-gay rights folk over here are gay. Pat RObertson has said that if it was taught that homosexuality was okay to our children then the human race would cease to exist. He IS GAY... and thinks everyone else has the same feelings as him. He can't think objectively... about anything. Mittins and Ryan have similar problems.

No he doesn't. It is a common problem on the right: unversalizing the personal. I have money and its no big deal, if you worked harder you could be rich too (like that evil australian bitch). I had to ask my parents for help through college (Mitt's dad was the CEO of the largest car manufacturer at the time), you should too. Simples. "We all have the same advantages and disadvantages" is the mantra of their Ayn Rand narcissit groupthink bullshit.

It is also why I think most (if not all) of these anti-gay rights folk over here are gay. Pat RObertson has said that if it was taught that homosexuality was okay to our children then the human race would cease to exist. He IS GAY... and thinks everyone else has the same feelings as him. He can't think objectively... about anything. Mittins and Ryan have similar problems.

When's the revolution coming bro? They're all armed to the teeth (the poor that is).

Not in my lifetime Parky. For the most part the poor that collect guns have bought into the idea that it is the "other" (gays/mexicans/blacks/etc) that is wrecking their way of life not those that are actually repsonsible.

On the whole Americans are still too well fed and too "ign'int." It took Rome 250 years of decline before it actually ended.