Nail your colours to the mast - where will we finish?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6th...

United

City

Chelsea

Spurs

Arsenal (barely, those c***s)

Newcastle

Liverpool in the bottom half.

I would not be surprised if that happened tbh. Don't think they'll unsettle last season's top 7, and could see someone like Fulham, QPR, Swansea, etc. overtaking them.

quite capable of the same points total as last year, replacing perhaps the points won against man u/chelsea with better results against some of the lower teams, thinking of losses against norwich and wigan, amongst other dropped points.  65 points surely gets 5th or above every year?

that said, we rode some great form and picked up some points late in the season when some others had switched off.  i think a par score for us would be 59-61 points which should still see us close to 5th, but would stilll be a good points total regardless

I can see it being a scrap amongst 6 or 7 teams for places 4-10.

Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd should be well clear of the rest.

Arsenal, Spurs, Us, Everton and Liverpool will obviously be tipped to fight it out for the next few spots but I can see clubs like Fulham, Swansea, West Brom and, god forbid, Sunderland making a push for the European places. Obviously injuries and cup runs will play a part for every team. I think it has the potential to be a really exciting season.

If I had to have a guess now, I'd have us in for 7th.

AVB is gonna have problems at Spurs.

I can see it being a scrap amongst 6 or 7 teams for places 4-10.

Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd should be well clear of the rest.

Arsenal, Spurs, Us, Everton and Liverpool will obviously be tipped to fight it out for the next few spots but I can see clubs like Fulham, Swansea, West Brom and, god forbid, Sunderland making a push for the European places. Obviously injuries and cup runs will play a part for every team. I think it has the potential to be a really exciting season.

If I had to have a guess now, I'd have us in for 7th.

AVB is gonna have problems at Spurs.

Nah.

I would not be surprised if that happened tbh. Don't think they'll unsettle last season's top 7, and could see someone like Fulham, QPR, Swansea, etc. overtaking them.

They are on the relegation train right now if you ask me. Not this season or the next, but the moves they have been making are pointing them straight down. Can see them changing managers once a year for the next few years and then dropping out for a season, kind of like we did.

Of course they can still turn it around, but it looks to me like their ownership is 100% retarded. Their Red Socks are suffering the same sort of implosion as Liverpool right now as well. Obviously completely different sports, but there are some interesting parallels, lack of stability at manager, clinging to aging talisman players, completely f***ing up in the transfer market...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/sports/liverpool-and-red-sox-same-owner-parallel-debacles.html?pagewanted=all

Decent article on the topic (though it spends a lot of time trying to explain what the hell soccer is). It's from April of this year and the situation for both teams, particularly the red socks, has gotten even worse since then. The red socks are 100% terrible this year (and I am loving it, feckin overhyped pricks) and engineered a collapse of biblical proportions to miss out on the playoffs last year.

6th...

United

City

Chelsea

Spurs

Arsenal (barely, those c***s)

Newcastle

Liverpool in the bottom half.

Went for this but 6th as we'll pip Arsenal