This Blyth guy........................

Rob W

They are saying he 's got life - but its only really a minimum of ten years............................

I know the general view is that we Sandalistas are soft on everyone but this is the sort of bloke who  should only get out  very late in his life - I'd have thought 25 years was more like it

They are saying he 's got life - but its only really a minimum of ten years............................

I know the general view is that we Sandalistas are soft on everyone but this is the sort of bloke who  should only get out  very late in his life - I'd have thought 25 years was more like it

Presumably the bath kidnapper?  If it's him, you're spot on with 25 years minimum.  Not only is he an evil pervert and a kidnapper, he dumped that girl naked in freezing temperatures :stevieintoon:  he's clearly an absolute c*** and a sociopath.

Ah, that guy.  Aye, ten years seems incredible stupid.  Especially in the light of early release paedophiles going back to their normal ways.  I dare say not all do that, but it was highlighted in the last few weeks that a good few do.

Guest Magnetic North

In one respect I'd like to see him try taking one of my children from their bath. I'd tear the bath from it's wooden frame and beat him to jam with it  bluebiggrin.gif

The tarriff was set at 20 years and he can apply for parole in ten years minus time already served (nearly 2/3 of a year). It is however very unlikely that he will be considered to have been totally rehabilitated in this period. As the Judge said "it is very possible that you will never be released".

As a rule of thumb, custodial sentences can be cut in half with things like good behaviour and risk assessment. I wouldnt think Voisey will be out for a long long time though.

He still says he's innocent.  bluelaugh.gif

he's got previous as well................. 

I don't agree that the majority of paedophiles reoffend - but I think that they need a lot of supervision and assistance once they come towards the end of their sentences before they can be fully released

We need fewer people in prison overall and enough resources to see that there is a concerted effort to stop anyone released reoffending - but this guy.... I wouldn't be very happy to EVER sign him off

Its fucking ridiculous, what will he do in 10 years? he will be 45, he will most likely rape again and maybe end up killing a child, he would have got minimum 70 years if the child was the judges :roll:

Guest Invicta_Toon

that's been tried somewhere IIRC

probably holland

I think the problem is in their heeds, if you're gonna follow the chopping off analogy....

probably holland

I think the problem is in their heeds, if you're gonna follow the chopping off analogy....

They used to do that to rapists in Tasmania up until 1960, but it didn't really work so it was stopped.

Guest MagicNumber9

A life sentence should mean a LIFE semtence, not fcuking 10 years. This guys a sick [email protected] and deserves to have his dick chopped off and stuffed in his mouth to choke and die.

Hes gonna get tortured in prison of the big boys when they fins out who he is..

probably holland

a few places have experimented with chemical castration - the problem is they need to be supervised to keep taking the tablets and it only works on those whose urges are sexual only - not the the sort who may have some "revenge" streak in their minds

automatic life means life sentences aren't an answer TBH - they just lead to the CERTAINTY that any attacker will kill his victim - for all the poor bairn went through she's still alive

you have to look at it case by case but the presumption has to be very long sentences indeed - along with mass murderers and drug barons these are teh people who long term imprispnment is meant for IMHO

probably holland

a few places have experimented with chemical castration - the problem is they need to be supervised to keep taking the tablets and it only works on those whose urges are sexual only - not the the sort who may have some "revenge" streak in their minds

automatic life means life sentences aren't an answer TBH - they just lead to the CERTAINTY that any attacker will kill his victim - for all the poor bairn went through she's still alive

you have to look at it case by case but the presumption has to be very long sentences indeed - along with mass murderers and drug barons these are teh people who long term imprispnment is meant for IMHO

Yes! but what the phsycological damage inflicted on the girl she will never recover from that ever, she will adjust but never really heal totally. The death penalty is not the answer either as most of the offenders have been victims themselves I think, the only way you can break this cycle of violence is to lock them up forever never to be released kept in their own special prison as we know they never stand much of a chance in normal prisons.