Film You Recently Watched

Guest firetotheworks

I watched The Raid last night and it was glorious. Dripping in violence like, I really enjoyed it. The type of violence where you watch it going 'ARRRRRR' with your mouth wide open. Watch it.

RIPD

Fucking hell that was bad. I can see Bridges getting a razzie for it, was embarrassing seeing such a good actor just phoning it in like that.

Thought it was alright as a Sunday afternoon timewaster. I will probably forget that I've seen it within a couple of months, mind.

Tyson (2008)

A fascinating portrait of Mike Tyson's career and mindset spanning some 25 years. Tyson is candid, remarkably self aware and cuts a very sad figure throughout. Tyson's awareness and understanding of his own shortcomings is compelling viewing.

Film is a stark parable about the importance of Father's within the home and also shows the potential for young top-level athletes too be overwhelmed by their success.

Would highly recommend to boxing and sport fans and probably anyone just looking for a decent watch.

I watched The Raid last night and it was glorious. Dripping in violence like, I really enjoyed it. The type of violence where you watch it going 'ARRRRRR' with your mouth wide open. Watch it.

Absolutely loved that film. Randomly came across it and it was certainly jaw dropping like you say.

The Guardian's Top 10 war films (and links to their other lists):

http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2013/oct/28/top-10-war-movies?CMP=twt_gu

Three Kings in there.  But no Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down?  Fuck I'd have Platoon and Full Metal Jacket over that.  Despite how silly it was, I'd even have Hurt Locker above it. 

I think I've only seen Three Kings twice and it didn't leave much of an impression on either viewing.  Opinions/arseholes.

Guest Roger Kint

I'd have SPR and BHD in there as well. The Great Escape, Bridge on the River Kwai, Platoon, The Longest Day, etc.

It's the Guardian, so take it with a grain of salt I suppose. Their other top 10 lists are eyebrow-raising as well.

Aye Borat 2nd best comedy?

Guest icemanblue

Borat was fucking funny on the first watch, like. I remember being in bits. Still a high frequency chuckle zone during further watches, actually.

Tyson (2008)

A fascinating portrait of Mike Tyson's career and mindset spanning some 25 years. Tyson is candid, remarkably self aware and cuts a very sad figure throughout. Tyson's awareness and understanding of his own shortcomings is compelling viewing.

Film is a stark parable about the importance of Father's within the home and also shows the potential for young top-level athletes too be overwhelmed by their success.

Would highly recommend to boxing and sport fans and probably anyone just looking for a decent watch.

Yep its brilliant to watch from a psychological point of view. A very vulnerable man for someone so intimidating.