New Myspace..

Willow

It'll probably be really popular for a while, then Facebook will basically rip off most of the good things about it and it'll fade in to obscurity again. It does look fantastic though and it's refreshing to see a website try and reinvent how a social network should look and feel, rather than just copy Facebook.

Just looks like a sleeker facebook with more pictures. Meh.

This. But just wait until 99% of those pictures are hideous phone taken shots that are out of focus and it won't look half as good.

I was thinking this as well. Another thing that struck me was how fast your internet would have to be to make it run as seamless as it does in that video. People with anything less than fibre optic would just be waiting for things to load.

This. But just wait until 99% of those pictures are hideous phone taken shots that are out of focus and it won't look half as good.

This occurred to me immediately too :lol:

I was thinking this as well. Another thing that struck me was how fast your internet would have to be to make it run as seamless as it does in that video. People with anything less than fibre optic would just be waiting for things to load.

That's certainly going to be an issue if it's all going to be high resolution images and 720p streaming video. It reminds me a lot of the XBMC interfaces for home cinema systems. The one I used to use was fairly minimalistic and fresh looking with similar graphical style.

Very good point tbh. My internet will be good for it in a few weeks, but my shitty laptop probably won't be able to cope. :lol:

This occurred to me immediately too :lol:

And the background is moving bullshit.