NOT Dead Island 2: Riptide (Hitler Mike stop editing my thread titles) (OK)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Getting mixed reviews, which doesn't surprise me at all. The first one was very much a marmite game, and this seems to be no different. I'm happy with what I've read though, and I'll be getting this day one. :)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What seems to be annoying people is that this is basically the first game again, with a slight reskin. Some people are even suggesting that this was DLC that was turned into Full Retail.

Will wait for Steam Winter Sale 2013.

Yeah, but those people seem to not be fans of the original. There are plenty of sequels (even though this isn't a true sequel) that are just the same game over again in a new location. They've never claimed that this would be anything other than a continuation of the same "story", so I don't really see that as a valid complaint. If you go expecting an overhaul, you'll be disappointed. But, if you're like me and really enjoyed the first one, you will probably have a great time with this as well.

If you actually read the review, there's a lot of positives to take from it. But as I said, if you didn't like the first one then there's nothing here to change your mind. However, I'm not alone in thinking that the first game was an underrated gem.