Beard management

womblemaster

Been grwoing one for 3weeks now, but its not going well.

It seems to want to grow curly in stead of straight.  its bit scratchy and irritating.

I was tolkd i should be rubbing olive oil into it, but maybe that was at an earlier stage?

Never really got past 3 weeks before, i normally get fed up and remove it. what am i doing wrong?

DO i just have wrong hair typem for a good beard/?

any advice/experience?

Beards are very subjective, I'm currently rocking something similar to my avatar. I've never rubbed oil into my beard :lol: or anything of the sort. It tends to grow a little curly at the edges, but nothing a little trim won't tidy up. There are no rules on how to grow one, you either can or you can't. If after a few weeks you get bored and shave, then the hirsuite lifestyle isn't for you, just accept it and move on...

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't think I had the ability to grow a beard before I actually tried.  Luckily for me it was immediately after a pretty hard breakup so I had the chance to just go through the big asshole phase most people don't get through.  During this phase it's uncomfortable to sleep as it rubs all over the pillow and it's uncomfortable to go outside because of the way people look at the stupid shit you have happening on your face.  Once you're clear of that though it's awesome. 

Obviously this doesn't apply to the dudes that can grow them overnight.

`go through the big asshole phase most people don't get through.`

you mean its looks silly carrying a handbag and wearing a beard at the same time?

As am not sure what you mean, can you clarify for me:  do i need to rub goosefat into the bristles to soften them up?  My grandfather used to smear vaseline on his face before going to bed....claimed it helped him wet shave next morning....I just think he was too embarassed to use oil of ulay, to keep the wrinkes at bay.

Its such a confusing world.

`go through the big asshole phase most people don't get through.`

you mean its looks silly carrying a handbag and wearing a beard at the same time?

As am not sure what you mean, can you clarify for me:  do i need to rub goosefat into the bristles to soften them up?  My grandfather used to smear vaseline on his face before going to bed....claimed it helped him wet shave next morning....I just think he was too embarassed to use oil of ulay, to keep the wrinkes at bay.

Its such a confusing world.

Could not agree more wombles.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't grow one.  Eventually random Ginger hairs come through.  No idea why though,  as I'm not ginger. http://www.talk-of-the-tyne.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/members/Confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I can't grow one.  Eventually random Ginger hairs come through.  No idea why though,  as I'm not ginger. http://www.talk-of-the-tyne.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/members/Confused.gif

Savour those ginger hairs. Sooner or later, they're going to turn white...

You and your skin gets used to it. Don`t rub shit in your face. Get a beard trimmer so it doesn`t get out of hand. If you`re going to rub oil on something it should be your cock because that`s the only foreign fluids that will caress it when you go full beard.