How much enjoyment do you get from watching NUFC?

bowlingcrofty

Serious question here. I love the club and when we get a good resut it makes my week, but I don't think i've enjoyed a full game for a long time, maybe the WBA away game last year. I like looking back on some great moments in games, but unless HBA is on fire or one of the Demba's scores a corker, there's not much enjoyment there really. It's either expecting for us to concede, or expecting the same old dull and predictable set play routines.

Still, couldn't live without it!

It was bad enough that I didn't mind Reading scoring first to stir things up.

I was even looking forward to it happening because I knew we wouldn't wake up otherwise.

Serious question here. I love the club and when we get a good resut it makes my week, but I don't think i've enjoyed a full game for a long time, maybe the WBA away game last year. I like looking back on some great moments in games, but unless HBA is on fire or one of the Demba's scores a corker, there's not much enjoyment there really. It's either expecting for us to concede, or expecting the same old dull and predictable set play routines.

Still, couldn't live without it!

Stoke (H) was the last time we played good football. The Everton game was entertaining second half.

If you look at the aggregate of our player, we're in the bottom four or five of the league for attractive football hands down. Saved by moments of individual brilliance.

Last season was brilliant, absolutely brilliant

this season is

:okay:

Apart from the 7 game run towards the end where we settled on a 4213 system that worked, there's been no change in performance levels.

It's baffling that we found a system that worked, and dropped it for no other reason than Ba getting in a huff.

Got to be honest, I usually derive more satisfaction from all the associated benefits of being a Newcastle supporter (this place, crack at work, badge on the hat being a talking point when I'm out in the mountains, etc etc) than the actual football :lol:

I had a season ticket for years but worked out fairly quickly that I usually enjoyed the day less after the end of Local Hero :)

Got to be honest, I usually derive more satisfaction from all the associated benefits of being a Newcastle supporter (this place, crack at work, badge on the hat being a talking point when I'm out in the mountains, etc etc) than the actual football :lol:

I had a season ticket for years but worked out fairly quickly that I usually enjoyed the day less after the end of Local Hero :)

That said, of course, the anticipation of a game that might be amazing does keep me going :)

:thup:

If it was all football and trophies... :yao:

Guest Howaythetoon

Its tough watching us because we have so many good players yet we constantly play poorly and rarely put a side on their arse. I'd say we are a very frustrating and boring side to watch.

Bit of a daft question imo. When we're winning and playing well, it's the best thing in the world. When we're losing and playing shit, it's absolutely rubbish. This season, obviously, it's been a chore more often than not - yet i still buy the tickets.

Plus the things Open_C said.

Last season was brilliant, absolutely brilliant

this season is

:okay:

Apart from the 7 game run towards the end where we settled on a 4213 system that worked, there's been no change in performance levels.

It's baffling that we found a system that worked, and dropped it for no other reason than Ba getting in a huff.

:thup:

Bit of a daft question imo. When we're winning and playing well, it's the best thing in the world. When we're losing and playing shit, it's absolutely rubbish. This season, obviously, it's been a chore more often than not - yet i still buy the tickets.

Plus the things Open_C said.

How is it daft? Enjoyment, although is correlated to results, isn't the defining factor. I far more enjyed the 2nd half vs Everton away when we drew than the 1-0 Norwich win. You only mentioned 2 of the 4 potential outcomes if you use your two variables.