Newcastle vs Bordeaux 04/10/2012 @ 20:05 BST - Live On ESPN

Skirge

Thinking about it, there isn't a tremendous amount of difference between our first team and our Europa side performances-wise this season.

Generally the same, or a similar, back line (given our lack of numbers). Reasonable shape. Same lack of movement, fluidity. Same chasm between midfield and up front.

So, what I'm essentially driving at when I say full strength is: HBA and Demba please. :lol:

I just hope the plan is to scrape through the group with the shadow squad and then up the ante. My concern is that the side we've put out so far have made a complete meal of getting past the Greeks and then huffing and puffing to a point in Maritimo. If its a similar side on Thursday they are going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat. The problem is, the Europa side has no experience if playing together as a side, so even ability aside, it's a big ask for the side to gel and produce.

After this group is it straight into a knock out or is it, ridiculously, another group of four?

knockout, thank fuck.

Historically we've been strong at the Arena in this competition but that's usually because the opposition are poor-average sides. Bordeaux look a strong side and unless we go toe and toe and play an experienced team, then I fear our kids will get a lesson.

Quite simply the opposition are too strong to entrust the likes of Gosling, Obertan and Marveaux in this one.

Have we played them at the Metro Arena like?

Ahhhh.... my old faithful american soccer website. They don't get much done out here, but it does mean less BS transfer rumors...

I'm with the article though, we should be taking the eufa cup more seriously. What the fuck else do we have a chance to win? It's not like we're going to challenge for the Premier League. We made a hard charge to qualify for Europe, so why throw that away now that we finally made it there? Fucking retarded if you ask me.

If I were Pardew I'd drive everyone in england fucking mental by playing my first team against Bordeaux and the reserves against ManU. I mean shit, if we start to win against the reds Howard Webb will come in on a zip-line and gun the team down with an M16 anyway.

Take my word for it, I've run a ton of successful PES campaigns...

Ahhhh.... my old faithful american soccer website. They don't get much done out here, but it does mean less BS transfer rumors...

I'm with the article though, we should be taking the eufa cup more seriously. What the f*** else do we have a chance to win? It's not like we're going to challenge for the Premier League. We made a hard charge to qualify for Europe, so why throw that away now that we finally made it there? f***ing retarded if you ask me.

If I were Pardew I'd drive everyone in england f***ing mental by playing my first team against Bordeaux and the reserves against ManU. I mean s***, if we start to win against the reds Howard Webb will come in on a zip-line and gun the team down with an M16 anyway.

:idiot2:

:lol:

I'm with the article though, we should be taking the eufa cup more seriously. What the fuck else do we have a chance to win? It's not like we're going to challenge for the Premier League. We made a hard charge to qualify for Europe, so why throw that away now that we finally made it there? Fucking retarded if you ask me.

If I were Pardew I'd drive everyone in england fucking mental by playing my first team against Bordeaux and the reserves against ManU. I mean shit, if we start to win against the reds Howard Webb will come in on a zip-line and gun the team down with an M16 anyway.

The rest of this post is  :laugh2: but I agree with the bolded.

I mean s***, if we start to win against the reds Howard Webb will come in on a zip-line and gun the team down with an M16 anyway.

We beat them 3-0 last year with Webb as the ref.

Aye, because he was beating literal ffs :lol:

Incidentally, before Demba scored we were denied a stonewall penalty by Webb when Ferdinand tried to scissor with one of our strikers. Ba, I think it was.

I mean s***, if we start to win against the reds Howard Webb will come in on a zip-line and gun the team down with an M16 anyway.

We beat them 3-0 last year with Webb as the ref.

Aye, because he was beating literal ffs :lol:

Incidentally, before Demba scored we were denied a stonewall penalty by Webb when Ferdinand tried to scissor with one of our strikers. Ba, I think it was.

aye it was ba, stonewall pel

yet dwight yorke was still adamant it was never a pen in the post match thing