Homeland - Season 4 Episode 12

mouldy_uk

Amazed that this doesn't appear to have its own thread as it was easily one of the best new TV series last year.

Season 1 Reviews - http://www.metacritic.com/tv/homeland

Season 2 Reviews - http://www.metacritic.com/tv/homeland/season-2

8.6 on IMDB

Season two has just started in the U.S and will be showing on channel 4 from this Sunday

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/homeland

http://www.channel4.com/assets/programmes/images/homeland/b2aaba0e-3514-4a5b-b1e2-2572bd9ca9c8_625x352.jpg

Anyone else watching?

It's a GOOD show, but boy has it been served with a massive lump of OVERRATED in the last few months.  Claire Danes and Damian Lewis are superb, but they carry the whole thing if you ask me.  I'm only interested in what she does now.

currently watching series 1. it's quite good but very american in a style over substance way. you really have to turn a blind eye to some of the bits that you just know wouldn't really happen to stay with the story.

It's a GOOD show, but boy has it been served with a massive lump of OVERRATED in the last few months.  Claire Danes and Damian Lewis are superb, but they carry the whole thing if you ask me.  I'm only interested in what she does now.

Aye, its alright but its nothing special.

It's okay, no where near as good as Spooks though.

See, always thought Spooks was laughable nonsense.  At least this seems different.

I absolutely loved Spooks, for an action series. Not my normal thing really. I like more the Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy with Alec Guinness type of Spy stories.

See, always thought Spooks was laughable nonsense.  At least this seems different.

is garth not being sarcastic ?

Oh come on it wasn't that bad.

I absolutely loved Spooks, for an action series. Not my normal thing really. I like more the Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy with Alec Guinness type of Spy stories.

:thup:

With you on that, although I didn't realise it was Alec Guinness.  I've only seen the newer one. 

I'm sure maddy loved Spooks.  Certainly used to go ape for anything British over anything US on TV.

With you on that, although I didn't realise it was Alec Guinness.  I've only seen the newer one. 

Yeah I've seen the newer one also it's not half bad. Just think Alec Guinness is a better Smiley.

if you can get the original series then it's a must. far superior to the recent film.

I'm sure maddy loved Spooks.  Certainly used to go ape for anything British over anything US on TV.

I'm sure the Yanks would have loved it, right up their alley. Was a huge hit in Canada though.

Guest Craig-NUFC

It's alright. Got a bit fed up halfway through the series. Found myself doing a critique of the pro-Israel, anti-Islam bias in each episode rather than just watching the thing.

I'm sure the Yanks would have loved it, right up their alley. Was a huge hit in Canada though.

Anything with an obvious British accent in it and they just turn off.  Can't really say they don't like Brits, given that just about every lead role in all their major TV successes features Brits playing locals, but the accent?  The show's dead before it's begun.

Spooks, for me, suffered from a massive lack of budget.  Some of the effects in the few short episodes I watched were awful.  Admittedly I watched it when I was at the height of my 24 love-in.  Might give it a go, now that's died.

Anything with an obvious British accent in it and they just turn off.  Can't really say they don't like Brits, given that just about every lead role in all their major TV successes features Brits playing locals, but the accent?  The show's dead before it's begun.

Spooks, for me, suffered from a massive lack of budget.  Some of the effects in the few short episodes I watched were awful.  Admittedly I watched it when I was at the height of my 24 love-in.  Might give it a go, now that's died.

Well that's true about the accents, fucking ridiculous how they say they can't understand thing the Brits say. I have problem  listening to people from Southern  United States, bloody horrible to listen and the New York twang irritates me also.

Well that's true about the accents, fucking ridiculous how they say they can't understand thing the Brits say. I have problem  listening to people from Southern  United States, bloody horrible to listen and the New York twang irritates me also.

I don't necessarily think that's true. Downton Abbey is wildly popular over here, as is Dr. Who. There's a great respect for British actors in the U.S., as they're seemingly in every American TV show. Spooks sounds like it could be a hit as well.

It's pretty understandable that Americans can't understand some Brit accents, when it's also difficult for Brits from different regions to understand each other :lol:

Homeland is definitely entertaining and not meant to be realistic. So if you're looking for accuracy, you're really missing the whole gist of the show.

Season 2, Episode 1:

Pretty good episode overall. Little lame how they unceremoniously dumped Claire Danes from the CIA at the end of last season only to be like, "Oh hey, we need ya back. No worries." And obviously it's totally unrealistic how a 7-year POW gets elected to Congress and immediately gets vetted to become Vice President. Mandy Patinkin (Saul) doesn't get enough credit, he's one of the consistently good characters on the show. And one of the few who I don't want to strangle at times. The wife is smokin' hot but she can really twist my nipples.