United vs Manchester - Sunday 7th October @ 4pm (live on Sky)

Dave

Guest BooBoo

In a strange way, this may just be the game we need. We've played some dross so far and barely looked interested. A game at home on the telly v this lot could be just what we need to get a bit of fire in our bellies.

Hopefully see Krul, Colo and Cabaye back, maybe even Taylor too.

Pards hasn't lost too many at the Arena, and I can see it being yet another 2-2. 

Watching Bale run at them got me excited to see what Hatem can do. Their midfield is poor too and thats where we can beat them.

But yes, their forwards are scary.

The way he went past Ferdinand for his goal looked so easy, if given the space I've no doubt Hatem could do the same against him. Didn't think Ferdinand was as slow as he was.

Use our athletic advantage in midfield like we did last time, pressing them constantly. Play two forwards and bully the CBs.

I'd actually have no problem with a rudamentary style of play in this game, it worked last time and it's the best option against this lot.

Guest bimpy474

Shola will probably start. We'll inevitably go with a 4-4-2, and Shola with Ba is more suited to our direct approach that inevitably comes with that formation. Plus, it worked last time.

Oi i said this earlier you  :rant:

:laugh:

Can see both defences leaking goals, 3-3.

We've only scored three goals in a match twice since we played them last, that's 30 matches. Can't see us suddenly going crazy against Man Utd, even if we did do it last time.

Just out of interest I've had a look and since Pardew arrived we've only scored more than two goals in a match 12 times, from 76 matches. Conservative.

Not meaning to sound too negative, but if we're all honest a hammering has been on the cards since day 1 this season, some last ditch defending, luck and great forward play from Demba has saved us so many times, I think this might be the game it crumbles and we get an absolute pasting.

I of course by no means want to see this happen but it could be exactly what we might need for Pardew to take some action regarding personnel, tactics and team selections and might give the boys in charge some idea of exactly why it was such a cock up that we didn't bring in more cover in the window.

The longer this season goes on the more pissed off I'm getting with players lackluster performances, naive tactics and the fact we didn't strengthen at all in the summer.

Not meaning to sound too negative, but if we're all honest a hammering has been on the cards since day 1 this season, some last ditch defending, luck and great forward play from Demba has saved us so many times, I think this might be the game it crumbles and we get an absolute pasting.

I of course by no means want to see this happen but it could be exactly what we might need for Pardew to take some action regarding personnel, tactics and team selections and might give the boys in charge some idea of exactly why it was such a cock up that we didn't bring in more cover in the window.

The longer this season goes on the more pissed off I'm getting with players lackluster performances, naive tactics and the fact we didn't strengthen at all in the summer.

I think we will get bummed 6 ways from Sunday but that line is like Hitler saying 'not wanting to have some silly tash'.

The longer this season goes on the more p*ssed off I'm getting with players lackluster performances, naive tactics and the fact we didn't strengthen at all in the summer.

If that does happen pray to the heavens above it does not come in the league fixture after this one.

The longer this season goes on the more p*ssed off I'm getting with players lackluster performances, naive tactics and the fact we didn't strengthen at all in the summer.

If that does happen pray to the heavens above it does not come in the league fixture after this one.

Thank god there's a 2 week gap between the "United" game and the mackem one, hopefully enough time for all of the injured players to make a full recovery.

Thank god there's a 2 week gap between the "United" game and the mackem one, hopefully enough time for all of the injured players to make a full recovery.

Aye it's quite handy. Need the likes of Saylor playing in that one.

If ever there was a game to highlight the lack of investment into key areas namely central defence then this is it. Had the chance to strengthen again this summer after the issue became glaringly obvious last season and yet they didn't do so. Articles from Ryder with quotes from Pardew saying "I plan to strengthen in January" just annoy me even more :lol: