United vs Manchester - Sunday 7th October @ 4pm (live on Sky)

Dave

Bumming is on the cards.

Man utd are purring up front, with RVP and our favourite scouser hitting some form.

Their defence is shaky but all they need to do is head the ball.

Aye because RVP and Rooney led them to a famous 6 goal win against Spurs..... oh wait.

Guest hydeous

That second half was something to watch though. I'm pretty sure they won't show that sort of dominance away from home though, especially not at St James'.

A new Twitter feed has been created by Northumbria Police to provide information and advice from them to Newcastle United fans in the build-up to football matches. This can be found on Twitter at http://twitter.com/NorthumbriaNUFC

This feed will be updated with ticket, travel & fixture info as well as match day advice. Northumbria Police are working closely with NUFC to ensure ALL fans, supporters and the community can enjoy football matches safely.

:thup:

Would love to see a 4-3-3 with Santon and Fergie as our fullbacks. Tiote, Jonas and Cabaye in the middle. Anita just loses out because I think this is the type of game we really need Jonas' workrate in the middle. Obvious 3 up front, let Ba and Cisse interchange between wide and through the middle. I can dream :lol:

Harper

Simpson Coloccini Taylor Santon

Anita Tioté Cabaye

Ben Arfa                    Ferguson

Ba

I like this a lot

Jonas > Anita for me.

Not writing him off or anything silly like that, but Anita hasn't impressed me yet.

Last time they got beat 3-2 at OT was Blackburn last season. And their next match? Our 3-0 win at SJP! I remember cos I thought we'd get the backlash however we absolutely destroyed them. Same again please.

----------------------------------------------- Harper -----------------------------------------------

Simpson -------------------- Taylor -------------------- Coloccini ---------------------- Santon

---------------------- Cabaye --------------- Tiote ---------------- Jonas ------------------------

-- HBA ----------------------------------------- Ba ---------------------------------------- Cisse --

Based on last night's performance and availability I would play the following team:

------------------Harps----------------------

Simpson---Willo---Colo--------Santon

HBA----Tiote-----Cabaye----Ferguson

--------------Ba--------------------

----------------Cisse--------------

I would have Ba play a role similar to what shrek plays for Manu i.e. playing in midfield and playing up front in between the lines. He can give us that extra man in midfield to stifle them a little and he can push on when we are in possession. We should be attacking Manu on Sunday because their defence looks really out of sorts at the moment!!

I know he's been fairly rubbish so far this season but I would definatly play Jonas on sunday. His work rate was crucial last season in the 3-0 as it helped Santon cope a bit more with both Nani and Valencia running at him. Not so sure Ferguson could offer the same security. 

Always think Gutierrez raises his game against better players aswell.

----------------------------------------------- Harper -----------------------------------------------

Simpson -------------------- Taylor -------------------- Coloccini ---------------------- Santon

---------------------- Cabaye --------------- Tiote ---------------- Jonas ------------------------

-- HBA ----------------------------------------- Ba ---------------------------------------- Cisse --

this. swap cisse and ba. but they swap all the time during the game.