United vs Manchester - Sunday 7th October @ 4pm (live on Sky)

Dave

I know he's been fairly rubbish so far this season but I would definatly play Jonas on sunday. His work rate was crucial last season in the 3-0 as it helped Santon cope a bit more with both Nani and Valencia running at him. Not so sure Ferguson could offer the same security. 

Always think Gutierrez raises his game against better players aswell.

Yeh, I also thought the same but I would prefer him to play if it were in a 433. He just hasn't made so many hazy runs into the opposition half this season and that makes me err more towards Ferguson. You made a good point about Nani and Valencia, i suppose this is where Jonas really shines, helping out his defender...

Contain or attack? That is the question!

Use our athletic advantage in midfield like we did last time, pressing them constantly. Play two forwards and bully the CBs.

I'd actually have no problem with a rudamentary style of play in this game, it worked last time and it's the best option against this lot.

Got to agree with this aswell.

Ba absolutely tortured Ferdinand last season and a lot of our play was very direct. Man U never got to grips with it really for the whole game. Shola had one of his better games from actually starting to.

Its obviously thier front line that is the worry, but we can really hurt these on Sunday.

Just been on the Manu board, they are really worried about their defence and central midfield. they reckon Rio and Evra are playing pish poor and they haven't got a settled midfield, Carrick playing badly, giggs and scholes too old and fletcher unfit!

Their front line abundance in riches worries me a bit: Shrek/VP/Japanese bloke/Hernandez...

I reckon we need both Fergie and ben arfa to torture their full backs, Ba and cisse to run rings round Twitter self appointed Copper Rio "Bernie from the simpsons Lips" Ferdinand and Evans.

Just been on the Manu board, they are really worried about their defence and central midfield. they reckon Rio and Evra are playing pish poor and they haven't got a settled midfield, Carrick playing badly, giggs and scholes too old and fletcher unfit!

Their front line abundance in riches worries me a bit: Shrek/VP/Japanese bloke/Hernandez...

I reckon we need both Fergie and ben arfa to torture their full backs, Ba and cisse to run rings round Twitter self appointed Copper Rio "Bernie from the simpsons Lips" Ferdinand and Evans.

The physique of Tioté, Cabaye up to speed and Jonas or Anita's workrate should see us dominate the central midfield, at least if we play with three there.

Ben Arfa running at Evra is also good. However, we need Coloccini to marshall the defence against Rooney and Van Persie. They dealt with the former exceptionally well last season and Tioté got stuck in as well. Van Persie however cause all sorts of problems for Williamson. Colo needs to be in charge and organize things, that's my main worry.

Score draw looking likely. I think Ba will have another stormer against them.

The physique of Tioté, Cabaye up to speed and Jonas or Anita's workrate should see us dominate the central midfield, at least if we play with three there.

Ben Arfa running at Evra is also good. However, we need Coloccini to marshall the defence against Rooney and Van Persie. They dealt with the former exceptionally well last season and Tioté got stuck in as well. Van Persie however cause all sorts of problems for Williamson. Colo needs to be in charge and organize things, that's my main worry.

Score draw looking likely. I think Ba will have another stormer against them.

OK normally I would agree with you, however fergie will play two deep midfielders and kagawa. Cabaye and Tiote can deal with that we don't need Anita from the start. I expect 4-4-2 and we will try steamroll them like we did last year. Hoping Pardew rolls the dice and really goes for it. :D

Evra has been crap for 3 years so i'm not surprised they are concerned with him.

Quite frankly the defence is very weak.... Vidic is out and looked poor when he was fit, Evra and Rafeal can't defend and Rio looks past it.

Evans is by far their best defender these days so i'm confident we will get chances to score a few in this game, the only question i have is can we keep their attacks quiet.

Fletcher has looked good since he returned though and Scholes is still quality and Carrick is a good player IMO so i think their midfield options is stronger than people think, i still think we have the edge their though.

Looking forward to it and confident of a win.

Our record against them lately is pretty good, but I can't help but think we're due one of those defeats where we play well and concede a few really unlucky goals.

I still think score draw, but wouldn't be surprised to see 0-2.

Guest neesy111

It's Howard's Way This Sunday

www.nufc.co.uk

Howard Webb will take charge of Newcastle's Premier League fixture at home to Manchester United on Sunday #NUFC

oh f***.

He was in charge when we beat them 3-0.

Missed a clear penalty 1st half though on Ba.