Newcastle United 3 - 0 Bordeaux - 04/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 24

Dave

Guest fraser

The Bordeaux lads in Rosie's after the match were excellent company. They said that their reception in the city was the best that they'd experienced away in Europe.

Aye, the majority of people I know who didn't go last night couldn't make it because of work.

Bullshit that. Would there be 31.000 if we had a PL game on Wednesday instead of a EL game on Thursday??

How is it bullshit? They genuinely couldn't get the time off work.

Aye, the majority of people I know who didn't go last night couldn't make it because of work.

Bullshit that. Would there be 31.000 if we had a PL game on Wednesday instead of a EL game on Thursday??

How is it bullshit? They genuinely couldn't get the time off work.

To add to this, if season ticket holders can't go to a midweek game, they normally just give their ticket away for free or for a nominal fee.

I watched the game again and a 5 for Anita is insanely harsh. Apart from 1 naff through ball and a miscontrol from a Cabaye pass he was actually very good yesterday.

I gave him a five because he was neither good nor bad, did more or less the minimum which was required for his place in the team, nothing more nothing less... He's only played a few games for us so I am sure more will come but he left me apathetic on Thursday.

Getting at the opposition from the first whistle made such a difference compared to the lethargic starts and displays of late.

We played very well, Bordeaux were better than some people are giving them credit for and their fans were excellent throughout.

Have to echo .com's remarks about the knacker who came on the pitch. It's really not funny, in fact it's embarrassing for millions of viewers to witness it. That's two Europa games running now. UEFA will take notice and could take action which could even impact on ticket allocations etc, so please someone give a clip to any idiot who wants to show us up in future.

Guest BooBoo

I watched the game again and a 5 for Anita is insanely harsh. Apart from 1 naff through ball and a miscontrol from a Cabaye pass he was actually very good yesterday.

I gave him a five because he was neither good nor bad, did more or less the minimum which was required for his place in the team, nothing more nothing less... He's only played a few games for us so I am sure more will come but he left me apathetic on Thursday.

Struck me as nervous, he just looked for the easiest ball every time. He wasn't poor but neither did he do anything particularly eye catching.

I'd like to see Anita use his pace a little more, he seems to try and hit a pass earlier than he needs to when he has loads of space in front of him to carry the ball into. He's a very tidy player who will become an excellent one here in time in my opinion - he has the legs to get up and down the pitch.