mackems vs Newcastle United - 21/10/12 @ 1.30 pm (Live on Sky)

Jaypee

Krul

Santon      Taylor              Coloccini      Ferguson

Tiote                Jonas

Cabaye

Cisse                        Ba                      Ben Arfa

If we play three in the middle we should have the majority of possession, as long as we're wise to their counters we should have enough for a result. Their midfield is fucking shocking and we should really dominate that battle. 442 is a different matter.

Krul

Cabaye

Cisse, our most natural finisher, who does virtually nothing apart from stick the ball in the net, on the right of a 4-3-3? I need some of what you've been drinking.

I'd agree with your backline, but I'd go:

Krul

Tiote

Cabaye  Jonas

HBA                                                    Ba

Cisse

International break boils my p*ss enough as it is, but we have to wait two weeks for this, probably the least enjoyable 90 minutes there is. It's always a tight nervous affair in the away version of the derby, can never relax at any point during the game.

Only once, when Shola put us 4-0 up against ten men. Usually it's 90 minutes of torture and more often than not its tight right until the last kick. Was screaming for the final whistle last time at the SOL. f***ing Webb wanted to play all afternoon.

I was pretty relaxed after Albert fucking Luque dinked one over Kelvin Davis like :lol:

A lot of it in these games is being up for the battle, having the stomach for it. It's vital we make a good start and don't let them get into us and intimidate us from the off- if they win the crowd over soon on it'll be a serious struggle.

Obviously 'on paper' means nowt, but the quality we (potentially) have against them is so superior. Absolutely bricking it.

Krul

Anita  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Tiote    Jonas

Cabaye

Ben Arfa            Ba

Cisse

Would like this but with Ba being our inform striker no way Pards plays it

Krul

Anita  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Ben Arfa           

Cisse              Ba

Guest BooBoo

You just know we'll sleepwalk onto the pitch and batter long balls at Cisse until the Mackems take the lead; at which point we'll actually start to look like we give a shit.

Ben Arfa is capable of absolutely killing them, though. Time to make himself a hero.

Pretty much guaranteed they'll score in the first twenty minutes.

You just know we'll sleepwalk onto the pitch and batter long balls at Cisse until the Mackems take the lead; at which point we'll actually start to look like we give a s***.

Ben Arfa is capable of absolutely killing them, though. Time to make himself a hero.

:lol:

You talk some shite mind mate.

Krul

Cabaye

Cisse, our most natural finisher, who does virtually nothing apart from stick the ball in the net, on the right of a 4-3-3? I need some of what you've been drinking.

I'd agree with your backline, but I'd go:

Krul

Tiote

Cabaye  Jonas

HBA                                                    Ba

Cisse

close to strongest. anita & simpson are good alternatives. maybe good with a break now to get thinks fixed. hope we use the break to adjust and train /develop the 4-3-3. its the only way forward. Keep that formation for years to come and find the right players for the system and not just good bargains. its also an formation which is easy to adjust depending on opponent (4-5-1 defending and we have good players to counter, mostly arfa...wouldnt mind a pacey LW also)....as long as we dont play 4-4-2 one week and the 4-3-3 and so on....then we will never progress...imo.

Guest BooBoo

You just know we'll sleepwalk onto the pitch and batter long balls at Cisse until the Mackems take the lead; at which point we'll actually start to look like we give a s***.

Considering we've been poor in every first half this season, it's a fairly likely scenario.

Guest neesy111

Otter has been spot on with he's said over the last few months.

Guest firetotheworks

I had this down as a 0-0 at the start of the season. I wouldnt know where to start with a prediction now.

to use a mackemism....i actually am bricking it already

derby days bring such a weird feeling of anticipation/excited-ness and shitting myself all at once

shola SHOULD NOT be starting like

think this weekends results are going to make for a very good derby, hope we turn up before half time for once this season....and hope we can put a full strength team out, if we can, we got this :smug: