mackems vs Newcastle United - 21/10/12 @ 1.30 pm (Live on Sky)

Jaypee

Krul

Anita  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Tiote    Jonas

Cabaye

Ben Arfa            Ba

Cisse

Would like this but with Ba being our inform striker no way Pards plays it

Krul

Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Ben Arfa           

Cisse              Ba

I'd like to see Ferguson given another go tbh, i don't think he did anything wrong and he feel the Santon and Ferguson idea has potential to be potent, we lost due to being outnumbered in the middle and poor defending from set pieces not having attacking fullbacks.

Otherwise i agree completely with your line up, it's more or less how Man Yoo lined up against us.

Despite our stuttering start we are still far better than them in almost every position if both sides had their strongest XI out.

It's a fixture which if played 10 times I'd see us winning 5, drawing 3 and losing 2. Who knows what will happen on the day?

Absolutely hate the games as we always seem to have more to lose. When we win it's just kind of expected, but with their small club mentality a victory for them will be lived off for the next 20 years.

Oh and by the way to the OP, mackems does not have a capital letter. Careless grammatical error there.

Krul

Tiote    Jonas

Cabaye

Ben Arfa            Ba

Cisse

Krul

Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Ben Arfa           

Cisse              Ba

I'd like to see Ferguson given another go tbh, i don't think he did anything wrong and he feel the Santon and Ferguson idea has potential to be potent, we lost due to being outnumbered in the middle and poor defending from set pieces not having attacking fullbacks.

Otherwise i agree completely with your line up, it's more or less how Man Yoo lined up against us.

I don't think Ferguson did a lot wrong but at the same time despite me thinking santon would be better on the right due to him being right footed i think he actually looked uncomfortable on the right and still cut in onto his left a lot. He actually looks more comfortable on the left and i think Simpson should have played right back after getting 90 minutes under his belt on thursday.

Krul

Tiote    Jonas

Cabaye

Ben Arfa            Ba

Cisse

Krul

Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Ben Arfa           

Cisse              Ba

I don't think Ferguson did a lot wrong but at the same time despite me thinking santon would be better on the right due to him being right footed i think he actually looked uncomfortable on the right and still cut in onto his left a lot. He actually looks more comfortable on the left and i think Simpson should have played right back after getting 90 minutes under his belt on thursday.

Santon needs more games on the right to get comfortable imo.

Guest Klizsch

Krul

Tiote    Jonas

Cabaye

Ben Arfa            Ba

Cisse

Krul

Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Ben Arfa           

Cisse              Ba

Would love to see this formation. No other formation really takes advantage of our strengths as well as this in my opinion. Wouldnt be too great a change from the 4-3-3 either, just move in HBA and Ba.

Guest WashyGeordie

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27116258.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27330691.jpg

This is probably going to be a pretty close game imo, two teams playing below par right now and will both be desperate not to get beat. The game has draw written all over it, but we do have a stronger team than them, so i am hoping players like ba and ben arfa will be able to produce a single moment of quality which will hopefully make the difference.

This is probably going to be a pretty close game imo, two teams playing below par right now and will both be desperate not to get beat. The game has draw written all over it, but we do have a stronger team than them, so i am hoping players like ba and ben arfa will be able to produce a single moment of quality which will hopefully make the difference.

Disagree. We're below par and having a stuttering start. 

Although they're dire and the worst team in the PL to watch, they're not below par, they're probably at their par or even above it.

Disagree. We're below par and having a stuttering start. 

Although they're dire and the worst team in the PL to watch, they're not below par, they're probably at their par or even above it.

I agree that they are a canny shite team, but i still think they are capable of playing a bit better, it is MONg's negative style he has implemented which is the main factor in where they are right now, long may that continue...

Guest BooBoo

It's an even tougher game to call than normal. Two cautious managers and whilst we've the better side, it's levelled by the fact they are at home and nearly all our top players are woefully out of form. If we don't shake off our malaise then we'll be in trouble.

Since moving to the SOL, we've always managed to score at least once in this fixture but I've got a nagging doubt that they're due their once every five years win. If I go with my head, unfortunately I can see the bastards getting one of their beloved 2-1s.

There's always a good show of support for this, but we need our big names to perform. Tiote, Cabaye and Cisse primarily all need a massive step up. If those three turn up (and none of them have thus far, this season) then the mackems will be in for a game.

Guest BooBoo

Krul

Simpson Colo Saylor. Santon

Tiote. Jonas

Cabaye

HBA.          Cisse.      Ba

It's an even tougher game to call than normal. Two cautious managers and whilst we've the better side, it's levelled by the fact they are at home and nearly all our top players are woefully out of form. If we don't shake off our malaise then we'll be in trouble.

Since moving to the SOL, we've always managed to score at least once in this fixture but I've got a nagging doubt that they're due their once every five years win. If I go with my head, unfortunately I can see the bastards getting one of their beloved 2-1s.

There's always a good show of support for this, but we need our big names to perform. Tiote, Cabaye and Cisse primarily all need a massive step up. If those three turn up (and none of them have thus far, this season) then the mackems will be in for a game.

Yeah, I agree with everything here especially the bolded bit. It just seems like our time for a defeat in this fixture.