Have men become too much like women?

Parky

Boils my piss this.

Men straightening their hair, wearing skinny jeans, having fucking spray tans and wearing make up.

There is never a time or situation when any of this is acceptable behavior for a straight man.....ever!!

Erm.. weird opening to the thread. Also the thread question phrasing seems to intimate (to me) that becoming like women is a bad thing :razz:

I think there has certainly been more homogenisation of the sexes though certainly, which I don't like.

Women have more than met men halfway though IMO (I'm generalising obviously). If they were once the fairer sex, I certainly don't think they are anymore - they're just as much a set of assholes as we've always been. Out to get theirs.

Erm.. weird opening to the thread. Also the thread question phrasing seems to intimate (to me) that becoming like women is a bad thing :razz:

I think there has certainly been more homogenisation of the sexes though certainly, which I don't like.

Women have more than met men halfway though IMO (I'm generalising obviously). If they were once the fairer sex, I certainly don't think they are anymore - they're just as much a set of assholes as we've always been. Out to get theirs.

Where did they get the idea they could be as great as us? Baffling.

Where did they get the idea they could be as great as us? Baffling.

Not sure exactly what you're driving at, but I'd argue in certain respects - they're far greater.

Socially, they have become expert in using their sexuality to get ahead, whilst the majority of guys are as vulnerable and susceptible to their wiles as ever! As you've inadvertently mentioned, their penetration of media and fashion has contributed (in no small part, IMO) to new generation of male youths who are obsessed with their own beauty - because they want to win the affection of socially powerful females.

The balance of power has definitely swung past the equilibrium point in Western society IMO.

[/can't believe I'm entering into this discussion with Parky :lol:]

As someone who likes using things like moisturiser, face and body scrubs etc, I think there's definitely been a change in recent times. Guys just want to take care of themselves a bit more these days, I think anyway.