Newcastle United vs. West Bromwich Albion - 28/10/12 @ 3pm

EthiGeordie

Mulumbu can boss our midfield, we have to play three in the middle. I think I want to see:

Krul

Anita Taylor Coloccini Santon

Perch Jonas

Cabaye

Ben Arfa    Ba      Sammy/Obertan/Ferguson

Counter attacking fast football upfront with a solid base behind them:

--------------------Krul------------------

Simpson-----Saylor-----Colo----Santon

----Cabaye----Perch----Jonas-----

HBA-------------Ba-------------*Fergie or Oberton*

Not really sure how we will line up at all. Just hope that we start with 3 in the middle. Shola shouldn't really be starting either. Ba up top with Hatem and Obertan/Ferguson/Sammy off him would be preferable.

I'd quite like to see:

Krul;

Santon, Taylor, Colo, Ferguson;

Anita, Jonas, Cabaye,

Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba.

But don't think in reality it will be anywhere near that side.

We have to win this, we cant lose anymore ground at this stage of the season. Tough game though, West Brom have been in great form.

Lose ground on who?

Everton are 5 points ahead of us already..... anyway what i think we will see ( also a bit of hope too)

Krul

Simpson Saylor Colo Santon

Ben Arfa Perch Cabaye Ferguson

Ba Cisse

Would prefer to see 3 in the middle but can't see that tbh.

A win here could really see us kick on and bring some confidence into the next few games when we have lots of really winnable fixtures.

If Pardew could just find a formula that we comfortable with I'd be so happy. In the EL 4-3-3 has given such a stable impression, we are so much calmer on the ball. Hope it translates into the game on Sunday.

Really do think Cisse will be on the bench again having played 90mins last night. Not sure if it will be Shola in a 4-4-2 or obertan/sammy/ferguson in a 4-3-3 but can't see Cisse having earnt a start last night.

We have to win this, we cant lose anymore ground at this stage of the season. Tough game though, West Brom have been in great form.

Lose ground on who?

Everton have 5 points on us, Spurs have 4, West Brom have 4 - we dont want it stretched to 8 and 7.

Really do think Cisse will be on the bench again having played 90mins last night. Not sure if it will be Shola in a 4-4-2 or obertan/sammy/ferguson in a 4-3-3 but can't see Cisse having earnt a start last night.

Me neither. I think Cissé faces a fight to get back in the team regardless of what system we play. Ba would definately be 1st choice even i 4-3-3.

If Cisse's still out of the picture I'd still like to see us go 4-3-3 with either Obertan/Sammy/Ferguson alongside Ben Arfa and Ba.

We really need to see Ben Arfa further up the pitch, especially in home games like this. He's not effective enough at the moment in a 4-4-2 because he simply gets the ball too deep. Let him get the ball in the final 3rd of the pitch and I think he'd score at least 10 goals in that formation.

Am I really the only one that thinks Bigi should start?

What do you think he can bring starting ahead of Perch, who in my mind is Tiote's obvious replacement in a holding role?

He makes up ground quicker and is better under pressure. And he's only gonna get better.

Am I really the only one that thinks Bigi should start?

What do you think he can bring starting ahead of Perch, who in my mind is Tiote's obvious replacement in a holding role?

He makes up ground quicker and is better under pressure. And he's only gonna get better.

Well imo Perch won't have to make up any ground, as he reads the game quite well. He'll suss out their attack, make the tackle and pass it on. He's not as combative as Bigi in style, but his calmness in midfield could be just what the doctor ordered against a team who move the ball at a high tempo.