Derren Brown: Apocalypse

Yorkie

Didn't watch it because the premise of the programme (as promoted in the trailers) just seemed morally bankrupt: convincing some poor fucker the world is coming to an end and watching his reaction....for "entertainment"? :sigh:

Didn't watch it because the premise of the programme (as promoted in the trailers) just seemed morally bankrupt: convincing some poor fucker the world is coming to an end and watching his reaction....for "entertainment"? :sigh:

There was more to it than that tbf. He's trying to 'change' the guy from being a selfish, lazy arsehole (according to his family).

There was more to it than that tbf. He's trying to 'change' the guy from being a selfish, lazy arsehole (according to his family).

Well the trailers made it sound much more like it would be about fucking someone's head up for laughs. ???

Nah not for 'laughs'. Infact, Derren Brown actually did a show last year demonstrating the negatives of an experiment like what you're suggesting. It was like a fake game-show thing; was really good.

Can't take him seriously since that absolute horseshit show he did explaining how he predicted the lottery numbers. I walked around in a permanent facepalm for like two months.

The experiment was a bit of a laugh, if only for the way he left everyone in the audience feeling thoroughly ashamed of themselves to finish the show. :lol:

Can't take him seriously since that absolute horseshit show he did explaining how he predicted the lottery numbers. I walked around in a permanent facepalm for like two months.

The experiment was a bit of a laugh, if only for the way he left everyone in the audience feeling thoroughly ashamed of themselves to finish the show. :lol:

He's at his best when he does his tours.

He lost a bit of his mystique and, unfortunately, some credibility when he did that imo. But it was just a swing and a miss, that's all. I still think he's one of the most entertaining people on TV. Was gutted when it said that part 2 of Apocalypse is next week instead of tomorrow.

Will watch this when I get the time. Love Derren Brown. Like Sifu said though, he's at his best during his live tours. I seen him a while back in Dublin and it was absolutely phenomenal. Wouldn't fully recommend seeing him.

Feel sorry for that poor f***er they chose tbh.

In fairness, the lad signed up to appear on the show, probably signed a couple of forms.

He's not just a random off the street.

Feel sorry for that poor f***er they chose tbh.

In fairness, the lad signed up to appear on the show, probably signed a couple of forms.

He's not just a random off the street.

True but can see him having some long lasting effects from this experience.

Guest Kevlaar

Just watched it. Gut instinct was that he was an actor. Quick google suggested that the bloke is some small time actor.

I mean surely, if you signed up to a Derren Brown show, the point where you get told you were unsuccessful really means you might be in it. Then that bollocks happens, and you wake up where he did, you'd be like 'This is that Derren Brown shit isn't it?'.

I mean, Zombies walking round. Fuck off, will you.

I do enjoy his stage stuff, however.

The best thing he has done is The Heist, in my opinion. Just watching this now, he's done something similar before on a smaller scale with the guy who walks in to a pub and plays on a Zombie arcade game. It's always an interesting insight in to how the mind works and the suggestibility of us all. That's all he's doing, showing you how much you can be manipulated. It happens on a daily basis on a smaller scale.

Just the idea that the guy would clock on to the "ah, this is Derren Brown fucking me up, init". Hadn't thought of that in the 'actor' argument, probably would happen tbh. :lol:

EDIT: Your post was funny too though, mate. :thup:

Guest Kevlaar

I had the mindset of what I'd be like.

The first things I thought were;

1.Id wonder after two weeks of unconsciousness, in a completely empty hopsital type thing, with no fit nurse to bed-bath me, why didn't I smell like an arsehole?

2. Why hasn't my hair/beard grown?

Derren Brown is an expert at this thing. If he was faking it, he wouldn't pick an actor that could be identified easily.

If this guy is the actor that some are saying he is on Twitter(from the panini ads or whatever) there's probably a reason for it.