Can someone explain this Google problem?

localshop

Why in Google if you have searched for something e.g. "Flowers"and then click the News link in the black bar at the top it doesn't show news items for "Flowers". It works if you click the News link on the left hand vertical menu but not the top menu.  This has been going on for a good few years and it irritates me no end. How can Google map the streets for the world, map the star system, create the worlds most sophisticated search engine even work on augmented-reality glasses and not fix this?? :rant:

Unless it's just me and I'm doing something idiotic :iamatwat:

Why in Google if you have searched for something e.g. "Flowers"and then click the News link in the black bar at the top it doesn't show news items for "Flowers". It works if you click the News link on the left hand vertical menu but not the top menu.  This has been going on for a good few years and it irritates me no end. How can Google map the streets for the world, map the star system, create the worlds most sophisticated search engine even work on augmented-reality glasses and not fix this?? :rant:

Unless it's just me and I'm doing something idiotic :iamatwat:

Nah, it's just another one of the very dumb things Google does.

They're absolute idiots when it comes to different languages and locations. Incomprehensibly bad.

The link at the top is the link for the main Google News page, the link on the side is the one associated with your search.

And yet the "Images" link at the top of the page will run an image search on your current query, just like the one beneath the query bar. The "News" link should do exactly the same, or the "Images" link should take you to the image search homepage.

It's inconsistent, and therefore confusing and bad, UI design.