Wifi Repeaters

Karjala

Does anybody have any experiences of Wifi Repeaters? (things you plug in a socket between your computer and your wifi router to boost the signal?)

Im wanting to get a better internet signal in my garage, so i can watch sports while exercising, but the router is in the front room, about 15metres away through a brick wall. I do get a signal in the garage, but its 1 bar out of 5.

So, anybody used them, and are they any good? Recommend any?

I've got a Maplin 300Mbps "Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender" in my loft and it works a treat, we've now got full signal throughout the house.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/300mbps-universal-wi-fi-range-extender-634680

I got it for £25 when it was on HotUKDeals, so it might be an idea to have a look for a similar sort of offer on this one or another brand.

Dead easy to set it up, took 5 minutes and it was working :thup:

I've got a Maplin 300Mbps "Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender" in my loft and it works a treat, we've now got full signal throughout the house.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/300mbps-universal-wi-fi-range-extender-634680

I got it for £25 when it was on HotUKDeals, so it might be an idea to have a look for a similar sort of offer on this one or another brand.

Dead easy to set it up, took 5 minutes and it was working :thup:

Seen that exact same one on eBay for £17 :)

Guest neesy111

Might have to have a look into this myself depending on how the fibre optic installation goes tomorrow.

What you getting installed?

Guest neesy111

You thought about using Home plugs?  They are coming down in price a bit the last time I checked.

Dave uses them I believe.

We're on Talk Talk. 'Upto 76MB'. Their guesswork claims our area will get around 50MB. Believe it when I see it. :yao: In fairness though, if it registers as less than 12MB then they'll log it as a fault rather than just charge us for awful fibre optic, or is that a feature of most broadband companies? :dontknow:

Guest neesy111

We're on Talk Talk. 'Upto 76MB'. Their guesswork claims our area will get around 50MB. Believe it when I see it. :yao: In fairness though, if it registers as less than 12MB then they'll log it as a fault rather than just charge us for awful fibre optic, or is that a feature of most broadband companies? :dontknow:

What's the price you paying for it?  Is it completely unlimited?