Club Brugge vs Newcastle United - 08/11/12 @ 6pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Fenham Mag

Is anyone else ridiculously excited? I've walked round the house all day doing nothing, just constantly walking up and down. I actually wish I'd went to work.

Couldn't sleep last night, god knows what I'll be like tonight. Hopefully not as bad as the night before Mackems a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone on train from Kings Cross to Newcastle on the friday?

Might see you on it as I'm down their on 'business'.

Worryingly, yes but not 'til 10pm. A long day awaits. Really looking forward to it now, but keep getting a bit panicky in case i forget something vital for the adventure, a passport or the likes.

Do people know what the craic is with alcohol on ferries? I remember going on one a few years ago with school and there were some leases drinking vodka outside their room that they'd obviously brought on board.

I presume you're not allowed to do it as the company wants to make more money of you.

Is it quite easy to get it through 'customs or is it not worth bothering?

Guest neesy111

Do people know what the craic is with alcohol on ferries? I remember going on one a few years ago with school and there were some leases drinking vodka outside their room that they'd obviously brought on board.

I presume you're not allowed to do it as the company wants to make more money of you.

Your not supposed to take any onboard can try though, if you turn up wearing a toon top then they'd single you out straight away for a search imo :lol:.

Is anybody else staying in the Snuffel Backpackers Hostel?  I've just had an email from them to say that they're wanting an extra 20 Euros per head as a refundable deposit from all British visitors over the next few days because they're worried about football fans trashing the place.

Your not supposed to take any onboard can try though, if you turn up wearing a toon top then they'd single you out straight away for a search imo :lol:.

Yeah i was thinking of not wearing one and trying to get away from my group for a bit to look more respectable :lol:

Went on the DFDS ferry to Amsterdam when it was full of Man U fans going to Ajax. I had my bag searched, but not everyone did. All a bit of a gamble.

I carried 24 cans onto DFDS in april and nobody said a word. Mind it might be different when there's a massive football crowd onboard.

Yeah i was thinking of not wearing one and trying to get away from my group for a bit to look more respectable :lol:

You cheeky fucker. :lol:

A mate's on the ferry now, said strictly no colours or flags etc. and apparently were threatening to report anyone trying to smuggle booze on to the police!!!

I've seen a few pics on Twitter of people in colours and some lads with a flag. :dontknow:

:yao:  me and me dad went to Amsterdam with a holdall containing 24 cans of Red Stripe.

Is anyone else ridiculously excited? I've walked round the house all day doing nothing, just constantly walking up and down. I actually wish I'd went to work.

Just about packed and ready to go, only 12 or so hours early. :lol:

Pretty much packed. Over packed as usual, about 8 t-shirts for 3 nights :lol:

I've tried to be sensible because I'm not taking a particularly big bag (for a lass :lol: ) but I keep throwing in extra things in case of emergency. Not sure what emergency requires so much clothing, but better safe than sorry!