802.11B connection

Belfast Boy

:lol: That's old as shiiit.

Do you have your router model number? There is normally a setting that would allow you to work in a cross-compatible b/g/n mode, but if the router itself doesn't even support b anymore, it'd be impossible. Unless you get a second (old & shit) wireless modem, ethernet it into your sky router, and run a separate wifi network for your treadmill.

Is that something that is possible to do? have 2 wifi networks from the one sky router?

I have spent over a grand on this treadmill with the idea being you can run any route in the world on google maps and see it on the ipad but for some reason the ifit module only works on 802.11b. Sky have told me its not possible but there must be some way round it.

Would something like this work?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Addon-Wireless-ADSL-Modem-Router-802-11b-g-4-Port-/281016804575?pt=UK_Computing_Modem_Router_Combos&hash=item416de824df

OK Semtex, you've made the mistake of helping me so far so I am afraid I will now hound you till I get it working.

I have a full strength signal via a wireless repeater in the gym now. If I was to buy the old style router I linked above, could I plug that direct into the repeater or would it need to connect to the sky router and run a 20m cable through the house?

Update: I have been in touch with the ifit support and to be fair they have got back very quickly. However, unbelievably the only solution they can suggest is the purchase of an old style router. It seems they are point blank refusing to consider upgrading their equipment to work with standard internet signals these days. I will buy the old router (it is less than a fiver) and see if that works.