Newcastle United v West Ham United - 11/11/12 @ 3pm

EthiGeordie

Met my West Ham mates last night for a couple of pints/food. The general consensus from them was that if we start well and score first and play like we can it could be a long afternoon for them but if it gets a bit edgy with no score after 25-30 mins and we get frustrated that'll be ideal for them and it'll be much, much tighter possibly going in their favour.

:yao:

I'm a bit nervous about this due to the importance of this run of fixtures but I've got faith in Pardew and the team to do a professional job and get the result we need. I honestly don't care how we do it today, we just need 3 points to get us off and running.

Cant believe i am nervous about playing west ham at home like :lol: we have a more the capable squad available to be winning this game comfortably

Same. So nervous for this match despite in normal circumstances, we should win. :undecided:

This one comes under the same category of the Norwich home game last year - just win the fucker, even if we play shit, and that's all that counts. Three points today gives us a bit of a platform.

Surely the West Brom game was supposed to be the platform? About time we started seeing some performances.

I hope we play like the Stoke games last year but I'm pessimistic about that. Nolan will get his inevitable goal too. I'll go for 2-2, unfortunately.

It's these types of games where we play teams who have a set style of play (see facing Stoke away last season to combat their long-ball stuff, Swansea away where we let themselves pass themselves to death) where Pardew seems to excel tbf.