Newcastle United v West Ham United - 11/11/12 @ 3pm

EthiGeordie

I'd be much more confident with Tiote playing. He'd mitigate the amount of breakaways/late bursts in to the box from the likes of Nolan and Noble.

Fear that his absense gives them much more potential to charge forward at will.

For that reason, I'd opt for the (slightly) more experienced Anita than Bigi.

West Ham look awful against footballing teams tbh. Swansea absolutely humiliated them earlier on in the season. It wasn't just a beating, it was a lesson on how football in the country is evolving.

West Ham aren't in the relegation mire, they're floating lackadaisically in the middle of the table enjoying their first season back. They're the type of team it is easier to pummel than a visiting relegation candidate who will often be far more hungry, scrappy and defensive.

So sad we won't be able to enjoy a comfortable 4-0 as we perhaps could do with the resources at our disposable. This should be a relaxing cakewalk, as it is - I'll be delighted with three points howsoever we get them. Reckon we'll nick an(other) ugly game 1-0.

I'd be much more confident with Tiote playing. He'd mitigate the amount of breakaways/late bursts in to the box from the likes of Nolan and Noble.

Never seems to do especially well vs Diame tbh. Wouldn't want him getting drawn into a tackling match with Noble and Diame - think he'll do great in the next Premiership game after this though.

I'd like to get our midfield to prioritise moving and releasing the ball quickly to make the West Ham cloggers make all the running.

Never seems to do especially well vs Diame tbh. Wouldn't want him getting drawn into a tackling match with Noble and Diame - think he'll do great in the next Premiership game after this though.

I'd like to get our midfield to prioritise moving and releasing the ball quickly to make the West Ham cloggers make all the running.

Fair point. I'd forgotten about Diame tbh.

Ball retention and sensible use of the ball when we have it will be massive in this game (pointing out the obvious.......).

If we're clever, we could really tire the likes of Nolan and Noble, with intelligent use of the ball. Granted, this isn't something which lends itself to a side with Williamson in.

If ever there was a game to give HBA a free role, this would be it. Nolan won't track back and Noble, though having a very good season, isn't capable of marking a HBA type player out of the game with that responsibility falling to Diame, leaving Cabaye free to damage them.

In theory, we should have the beating of them, but I don't fancy this at all.

Behind the Mackems and Liverpool, the Irons are the one team I'd love to turn over this year. Can't stand Allardyce.

We'll be so concerned about how not lose against them that we'll have no gameplan as to how to actually win the game other than hoping luck and opportunity allow one of our forwards to have a smash at goal.

Guest SuperShola!

Krul

Tavernier Williamson Tayls Santon

Cabaye Anita

Hatem            Sammeobi

Shola Ba

Jonas, Obertan, Cisse, Bigi, Fergie, Xisco, Elliot

He'll probably play Jonas as captain on the left, but I think Sammy deserves his chance. I think Jonas puts in a shift but Sammy would be more beneficial with his skill.  West Ham has Carroll as an ariel threat so it makes sense to play Shola and Williamson, plus Demba has shown he doesn't need a strike partner, so If shola drops back to defend a corner or a free-kick, Demba won't have to wait 5 days for Shola to get back up the pitch. Think we'll win 3-1. Nolan for them, Sammy, Ba and Xisco for us. Also, the reason why i've put Xisco on the bench is YOLO. Yolo for Xisco.

"Everybody fit" and "We've changed our recovery program because we've not been at our best on Sundays after European games."

Lots of Ferguson crossing into Ba and Cisse footage on the press conference video too.

http://i46.tinypic.com/ac5wed.jpg

Picked a ticket up from the box office today, south west corner and last ticket going. Lady said it's heading for a sell out. Massively revved up for this which probably means it'll be a drab 1-1 :lol: No I think it'll be a good match this, plenty of players with plenty to prove. Ba apparently fit to play too.

Got a couple of West Ham mates up, which pubs in town (if any) are away fan friendly? Shearer's maybe? Not sure if they're wearing colours.

Am sure Cisse will start, get the feeling Pards held him back to frustrate him a little see if he can't fire him up.

Even with everyone fit team bear enough picks its self.

Krul

Taylor

Simpson

Santon

Williamson

Cabaye

Anita

Jonas

Benny

Cisse

Ba

Picked a ticket up from the box office today, south west corner and last ticket going. Lady said it's heading for a sell out. Massively revved up for this which probably means it'll be a drab 1-1 :lol: No I think it'll be a good match this, plenty of players with plenty to prove. Ba apparently fit to play too.

Got a couple of West Ham mates up, which pubs in town (if any) are away fan friendly? Shearer's maybe? Not sure if they're wearing colours.

They will be fine in any of the city centre pubs. See plenty round the Haymarket usually and Shearers should be ok.