Newcastle United v West Ham United - 11/11/12 @ 3pm

EthiGeordie

Think we might see Ferguson starting this one, you know?

Krul

Simpson    Williamson    S. Taylor    Santon

Ben Arfa    Cabaye    Jonas    Ferguson

Cisse    Ba

First inkling was when he didn't feature at all in Brugge, especially when Tavernier was picked ahead of him at LB, and then just watching Pardew's pre-match press conference on NUFC TV there it repeatedly shows a training setup where the front six I've put up there are working on a crossing drill with Taylor, Simpson and Santon. All of them in position. I'm assuming Williamson is resting after going off injured in Brugge.

They've definitely curtailed the training footage on the website, it used to be a dead giveaway for team selection and I'm assuming it was readily used by opposition analysts to predict the team we would put out. Well ones with any ingenuity about them at least. Don't think it's much of a stretch to say that someone inside the coaching staff noticed this and had a word. They've also actively made the training slideshows more confusing to decipher in terms of the selection of pictures used and the times they were taken during the session. This is good really, because it shows we've got someone in there who knows the crack.

That was the first time in ages there's been anything meaningful on there in terms of tactical setup and drills being shown, so maybe Pardew has just given the green light on this occasion knowing that Big Sam and his army of analysts will probably predict the team anyway (he'll have one who has that as his major responsibility and who probably has something like a 95%+ hit rate). Or maybe he's throwing a curveball.

We'll see.

I'd really like to see Ferguson given a go on the left wing, he's always looked good there. Many forget that in the Bolton game where HBA scored the class solo goal, it was Ferguson's introduction as an orthodox left winger that started to open spaces up and turned the game in our favour.

Ferguson needs to play on the wing, I think he looks a bit lost at left back sometimes as he's hesitant about whether to go forward or to hold and just passes the ball away when you'd like to see him attack the player infront of him!

Will Nolan get a good reception, or will he just be ignored? I imagine both Carroll and Allardyce will be throttled, but can't see Kevin Nolan getting anything less than respectful applause.

Nolan was brilliant for us both on and off the pitch. Deserves a top reception.

Don't feel good about this one. They're pretty useful - as their league position shows. Would feel much better with Colo playing but think we'll struggle against Carroll without him.

I'll be delighted with any kind of win but I'm not expecting it.

We can't give them too much respect, especially in the first 15 minutes or so. If we come out half asleep as we've done on so many occasions at home this season, we'll lose.

Nolan was a great servant for us, more than worthy of a quick round of applause.

:thup:

The lasting memories of his time with us will always be lifting that Championship trophy and knocking the 3 past the spackems. He was a passenger in so many games, but in the grand scheme of things I only have good feelings towards him. Unless he embarrasses us today  :-X

Nolan was a great servant for us, more than worthy of a quick round of applause.

The lasting memories of his time with us will always be lifting that Championship trophy and knocking the 3 past the spackems. He was a passenger in so many games, but in the grand scheme of things I only have good feelings towards him. Unless he embarrasses us today  :-X

today ?

anyhow, it was the old argument about a player, 'he does nothing but score goals" which for some people is ok but for me a central midfielder cannot be a passenger for most of the game and who now would swap nolan for cabaye ?

today ?

anyhow, it was the old argument about a player, 'he does nothing but score goals" which for some people is ok but for me a central midfielder cannot be a passenger for most of the game and who now would swap nolan for cabaye ?

:lol: fuck. Tomorrow obviously. Wishful thinking.

Which is why we need to get the ball down and play and negate Nolan because of his lack of pace. If it becomes and edgy match where Nolan is constantly searching for knockdowns and running into positions in the box then we're in trouble imo.

If Cabaye pushes on a bit like against Liverpool and we get good movement from Cisse/Ba then we can cause them plenty of problems in defence. Need to be a bit more expansive than just give it to HBA and hope he creates something. Get some movement going lads.

Would love to see Cisse rifle one into the net :yikes: it really would go a long way to lifting our play

Nolan was class for us, but was just a bit disappointed with elements of the Dark Knight Rises demonstrated his lack of pace in a couple of places.