Newcastle United vs Swansea City - Saturday 17th November, 3pm

Decky

Ba on the left :yao:

see what i put in the other thread, really just 3 up front with loads of movement and a willingness of each of them to drift wide to create and exploit space, taking turns making it bloody difficuilt to mark them out the game. the movement we've been sadly lacking all season.

Swansea can hold onto the ball and we can barely stop giving it away so predict this will hurt

Theoretically they prolly carry less threat wide than most clubs and are mostly liable to cut inside rather than launch crosses into the box. Thus our full backs should get some joy going forwards and can come in a bit narrower to help out the midfield (ok Santon will, Simpson will do the usual crap). Cabaye or Tiote should try and pressure Leon Britten as much as possible, and Ba help dropping deep to disrupt them playing it out from the back, most of all we need to counter fast and be clinical like last season, this team we play are more attacking, more likely to conceed but also more likely to score. Worried that Michu playing a lone striker though more of a no 10 will confuse our defence with his false no9ness and cause havoc. And of course it'll be 4-4-2 and no thought as to tactics.

Ba on the left :yao:

see what i put in the other thread, really just 3 up front with loads of movement and a willingness of each of them to drift wide to create and exploit space, taking turns making it bloody difficuilt to mark them out the game. the movement we've been sadly lacking all season.

Completely agree but it's not going to happen ( would love if it did mind ! )

Guest sicko2ndbest

Anita  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Tiote            Bigi

Cabaye

HBA                  Sammy

Ba

Did we win Colos appeal then?

If we start 4-4-2 again like we did yesterday. I hope they outplay us and we loose with 3-4 goals so Pardew cant complain about beein unlucky etc. Then he have to wake up and change things...

:facepalm:

ffs.

I rather loose big one match, than have another West Ham game... The way I see it, we have to have a good beating for Pardew to wake up and see that the way we are playing now doesn't work. At the moment he is deluded and thinks we are a top 4 team, just listen to his excuses: West Ham didn't let us play, injured players, tired players etc. 

Lets see why didn't West Ham let us play? Because they had 5 in midfield, we had 4 and tried to hoof the ball up to our strikers.

Why are our midfield players tired? They are chasing the ball all match long, when we hoof it up to our strikers they have to sprint forward just not to see the ball. Defensive we have to chase 4 vs 5 for 90 min. Can some off the players become injured because they are exhausted?  Maybe.. But its time Pardew tries something new because we have the players to play the ball.

Wishing your own team to get beat man while you are sitting midtable is a joke. When potentially you could win the game and go three points behind 4th. Wake up man, we are playing poorly but we've been in a hell of a lot worse situations over the last few years. Jesus.

So you hope we play the same football we have done this season, especially the last game against West Ham?

- We have been playing crap all season, Pardew has stood by the 4-4-2 formation with Ba-Cisse, Ba-Ameobi, and Ameobi-Cisse, it hasn't worked out and its time to change it!(it was time to change it in 1999 when Ferguson did). We have been very lucky in the 3 games we have won, and some of the draws we have been lucky to get. I rather loose by many goals and get out played in one match, so he wakes up and does something about the tactics(atleast try something else), than loose with one goal and he blames lady luck etc...

Yes we have been much worse a few years back, but we have also been much better. I want us to do something when the current tactics isn't working and try to improve our game, than do nothing and go back to the earlier years you refer to.. 

Would Ben Arfa be able to play alongside Tiote against a team like Swansea with some one else coming in right wing?

Won't happen.

Pardew said this after the Brugge game:

I thought that Sylvain, who had a difficult game at Everton, came back and looked bright tonight, he looked sharp. When we have got no Cabaye, we need Sylvain because he gives us an intelligent pass, and I thought he did that tonight.

for the first time in my eight years as a Newcastle fan, I will be supporting the opposition on saturday. This is what Alan Pardew has driven me to with his 442 and long ball tactics. Open your eyes, people.

I recommend you to travel to Tijuana to start selling drugs.

Pardew said this after the Brugge game:

I thought that Sylvain, who had a difficult game at Everton, came back and looked bright tonight, he looked sharp. When we have got no Cabaye, we need Sylvain because he gives us an intelligent pass, and I thought he did that tonight.

:yao: