Lack of Investment

Crumpy Gunt

Guest bimpy474

Rearing its ugly head this season. Players getting pathetic and avoidable red cards only driving the stake home.

If money isn't spent next window then I think were we are now is our level. Top of the bottom half.

Mid table ?  :laugh:

Rearing its ugly head this season. Players getting pathetic and avoidable red cards only driving the stake home.

If money isn't spent next window then I think were we are now is our level. Top of the bottom half.

Mid table ?  :laugh:

Nowhere near where we finished last season. Best of the rest. No Europe (not a bad thing for a Club with a squad as weak as ours)

Desperate for a CB, Pardew must recognise this. Then we have no movement and creativity in the midfield as we can't rely on HBA all the time.

Make the most of these European away trips because we won't be there next season unless we somehow go all the way in a cup competition.

Tend to agree to an extent although still think we can get 8th or 7th at a push.

So disgraceful to see the players and management perform so well last year and get sod all for their efforts except a midfielder we didn't need and a handful of kids. Utterly predictable that once last seasons fortune in terms of injuries/suspensions ran out, our thin squad would began to be shown up.

On one hand, we talk of targeting the Champions League yet on the other we still rely on the likes of Simpson, Williamson and Shola.

Tend to agree to an extent although still think we can get 8th or 7th at a push.

So disgraceful to see the players and management perform so well last year and get sod all for their efforts except a midfielder we didn't need and a handful of kids. Utterly predictable that once last seasons fortune in terms of injuries/suspensions ran out, our thin squad would began to be shown up.

On one hand, we talk of targeting the Champions League yet on the other we still rely on the likes of Simpson, Williamson and Shola.

you can forget that.

We can usually field a better team than most. Obviously Man U, Chelsea and the likes are beyond us, but when we play teams like West Ham and Reading I expect our quality players to be the difference. Yet we often end up looking worse, playing worse football and trying to outmuscle teams which only have muscle as their main attribute in the first place.

Is that down to lack of investment? Could there be another reason?

The CL talk is hogwash. They were totally surprised by last years finish but used it this year as a bit of PR flim flam. Pards is the main culprit behind a lot of the doublespeak.

2wins in 6 at home wont do for top of the bottom half. right now we are sinking, with no real plan to keep us afloat. But as usual in shit situations, there are teams way worse off than off, and we probably get a shit season around place 14-8 with nothing to play for.

Oh, and no investments.

it's got sod all to do with investment, it' has loads to do with getting the most from what you have.......we are failing masssivly at that and it's not even like most other clubswho just think it, we only have to look back a few months to know what we are capable of.

I refuse to blame lack of investment for our poor showings we have the players to do much better than this lack of investment or not we should be beating teams like West Ham, Reading, Villa, Sunderland etc etc.

I refuse to blame the squad size and extra games as well as majority of these players are only playing once a week.

What i blame is poor tactics, playing a way that clearly doesn't suit the crop of players Pardew has at his disposal and seemingly having no attacking plan at all and to top it all off extreme negativity.

"We've given everything we can and we've come off losing today."

This is worrying.

Not really, you can't expect him to come out, say we played shite and we'll do better next time. He needs to keep the squad confidence up as it's low at the moment.

Guest neesy111

How many sides move forward after failing to strengthen their squad in a summer?

We've done this plenty of times before and went backwards in most circumstances.

I refuse to blame lack of investment for our poor showings we have the players to do much better than this lack of investment or not we should be beating teams like West Ham, Reading, Villa, Sunderland etc etc.

I refuse to blame the squad size and extra games as well as majority of these players are only playing once a week.

What i blame is poor tactics, playing a way that clearly doesn't suit the crop of players Pardew has it his disposal and seemingly having no attacking plan at all and to top it all off extreme negativity.

eggs fucking zactly.

"Sod all" might be over-egging the pudding a bit.

really ? yes more investment would be nice but if we played as we 'know' we are capable would this conversation be happening ?

In truth, we played to our supposed capability about half-a-dozen times last season. The vast majority of the time was a struggle similar to this, except we were conceding a few less and scoring a few more.

There is at least one glaring weakness in the first team, quite probably two, and we are woefully short of options up front.

To say our current situation has "sod all" to do with a lack of investment (or ambition) is wrong. It has a fair bit to do with it.

What i blame is poor tactics, playing a way that clearly doesn't suit the crop of players Pardew has it his disposal and seemingly having no attacking plan at all and to top it all off extreme negativity.

eggs f***ing zactly.

Seconded.