Popular games you never got into

Neil

Dunno if this has been done and might be a bag of shite, but anyway. What well-liked games (this can be any platform and doesn't necessarily have to be the most up to date games of the past 2 or 3 years) have you never really had any love for? Obviously people like different games more than others but are there any that are widely regarded as universally popular that you've just never had time for, or never seen what the massive fuss was about?

The one that sticks out for me is Halo. One of the biggest games in the world but just never liked the look of it. Played it a couple of times and just wasn't anywhere near as impressive as it was made out to be. IMO of course!

This might be daft considering the huge amounts of sales, but I wouldn't class CoD as a "popular" game, at least not any more. Go to any gaming forum and a good majority of the people there will hate it with a passion.

Anything that scares me in the slightest. Bioshocks, all games with zombies etc etc

I proudly played through Alan Wake but the only part I can honestly say I enjoyed was the ending. Just knowing I didnt have to play it again...

This might be daft considering the huge amounts of sales, but I wouldn't class CoD as a "popular" game, at least not any more. Go to any gaming forum and a good majority of the people there will hate it with a passion.

Bet 90% of those people still buy it though !  :lol:

Gears of War

Call of Duty (since 4)

I've played them at peoples' houses and have never understood the hype tbh, probably just my lack of interest in the shooter genre as a whole.

Bioshock is another but I really want to play that, I know I'll love the story and feel of them but I just cannot be arsed with the grind.

EDIT: In line with what Kasper has said I have never gotten into Resident Evil either, walking around that freaky house on the first one with hardly any health was one of the most traumatic experiences I've experienced outside of me ma's bedroom.

I'm a massive Gears fan but i have always said it's like Marmite you either love it or hate it and it has quite a big learning curve ( well except for Gears 3 anyway)

Also with Bioshock i wouldn't be concerned with the grind it's not exactly a long game but it's quality from beginning to end ( the original at least was) can't wait for Bioshock Infinite personally.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I enjoyed Uncharted, but suffered the rage of my PS3only friends who couldn't understand why I didn't think it was the greatest game ever created.

FIFA....

I've always been a Pro-Evo guy, cause that's what we all played when I was a kid. I rented Fifa 2013 and was way disappointed when I saw that it basically has fuck-all for single player. I live in America so it's not like guys get together to play soccer video games around here, so a robust single player "campaign" is a must for me. Master League is my BFF.