Vodafone

Belfast Boy

This will probably end up more as a rant as I am only off the phone with them but here we go.

I have been with Vodafone for a few years, I live out of town and I am used to the fact that mobile signals are at best 'inconsistent' at home, this is true with all providers.

I had been thinking for a while of getting my girls mobiles for the first time this christmas and 3 mobile offer a good deal on the galaxy ace, with unlimited data included. Late October a vodafone sales rep called me out of the blue to try and sell things and I mentioned the 3 mobile offer on the off chance they might match it. She came back and said they couldn't match the unlimited data but would offer me 2000 free mins a month between other vodafone numbers, meaning the girls could call each other and me. I slept on the offer and when she came back the next day I told her I wasn't going to go ahead due to the lack of signal at home. She then threw in a free 'sure signal' box boosting the signal about the house. I stupidly agreed and the kit all arrived. Obviously the phones are hidden away for christmas but I gave the sure signal a go. It worked really well for the signal but after a few days I realised that it was the cause of my wifi dropping out all the time at home so I unplugged it. Several emails and phonecalls to tech support later, I am now out of the 7 day cooling off period. Tech support say the issue is with the router and want me to get Sky to change some settings. I have been back on to vodafone looking to cancel and they are point blank refusing.

Do I have a case of being mis sold as it was based on the sure signal box and if so what is the best way to go about it. Phoning and emailing doesnt help as you just get stuck on a script, and calling into a store is even less use.

HELP!!

Opening ports is easy enough and perfectly safe to do, but I can't see how it would help with your WiFi dropping out, I really think you just need to change the channel that your Sky Router is on so that it isn't conflicting with the Vodafone Router. Opening the ports may well help the performance of your Vodafone thingy, but WiFi conflicts seem pretty unrelated to ports afaik.

Semtex, I appreciate there may be ways around this but I am more looking for advice on whether there is enough there to get out of the contracts (the two new ones)

Honestly, I don't think you'll have any reason to get out of your contract with Vodafone. You said yourself, it works really well in terms of boosting your mobile signal within the house. If it conflicts with other equipment you have, namely the broadband router, then that's an entirely separate issue, and not one that Vodafone will take into consideration. For what it's worth, I think Semtex is right, and it'll likely be fixable by changing the channel on your router.