Indi smells btw.

Parky

I think that everyone's now well aware that a photo exists, what it depicts and where to find it if they want to see it.

I also, think that this thread is not the right place for the discussion of board policies and politics and I have made the arbitrary and unilateral decision that I'm going to move any further posts not relevant to to the thread topic into a separate thread, which would also be the place for posting your thoughts on/criticism of my decision by the way. In fact feel free to start such a thread if you think that's important, saves me the effort. :thup:

There is plenty to discuss in this thread, I suggest we all get on with discussing it.

Good move.

I don't think that it's part of a football board has any real significance.

It hasn't.. the significance of it being the chat section of a football board is that it's not the place you'd expect to see pictures of horribly mutilated children.

You're certainly are suppressing awareness and in doing so reflecting social-traits that could do with changing for the better.

As pretentious posts go, this one manages to hit the rank of 'Parky'.

Out of order!!! :lol:

:razz:

It hasn't.. the significance of it being the chat section of a football board is that it's not the place you'd expect to see pictures of horribly mutilated children.

In a thread on Gaza...  Well, urm, I've got news for you!

Last post about it, I swear.  Actually is pretty relevant anyway.

Nice bit of selective quoting there. I don't believe I passed comment on the afformentioned pictures (I haven't seen em and I'm happy to take Dave guidance on it).

Nice bit of selective quoting there. I don't believe I passed comment on the afformentioned pictures (I haven't seen em and I'm happy to take Dave guidance on it).

Sorry, that was really aimed at beatty who earlier accused me of doing the board a disservice by claiming it to be "a football board".  I should have quoted both (and was going to) but the threads seem to be all over the place >_<

:anguish: You don't want to know man

But you do want to know that my out-of-context reply to Parky at the top is (1) not what the thread was about and (2) out of context, and really aimed at beatty :)

Someone posting an image of casualties of war I think.

Some folk don't want it on the forum, others think it should be allowed but in spoiler tags. Some people however view the forum entirely without spoilers.

Disclaimers of gruesome imagery followed by a link (note, not an image) where they can be viewed has not to my knowledge been suggested? If someone wants to view the image, they are free to do so but off-site with full prior knowledge of what they are about to view, without impinging upon the eyes of those who wish only to discuss the Gaza conflict not see gruesome images of it.

That's my understanding anyway.

That's fairly well it :thup:

You have not posted in the photo thread in a while :knuppel2:

Because I have not taken many photos for a while >_<

Someone posting an image of casualties of war I think.

Some folk don't want it on the forum, others think it should be allowed but in spoiler tags. Some people however view the forum entirely without spoilers.

Disclaimers of gruesome imagery followed by a link (note, not an image) where they can be viewed has not to my knowledge been suggested? If someone wants to view the image, they are free to do so but off-site with full prior knowledge of what they are about to view, without impinging upon the eyes of those who wish only to discuss the Gaza conflict not see gruesome images of it.

That's my understanding anyway.

A wise middle-ground :thup: