Nexus Tablet

pinkeye

I have not looked to see if there is a thread already about this question, if there is - sorry!

Does anyone know how I can get flash player installed so my kids can play Moshi Monsters on the tablet?  I get a message about the device not supporting flash player when ever I try.

That can't be right, can it?

Yes, unfortunately that is correct. Flash isn't supported on Android devices since 4.1, but there are ways of getting it on there, and I wouldn't have too high hopes of being able to play any games using it.

Here's a guide how to do it if you really want to try it anyway: http://www.howtogeek.com/120277/how-to-install-flash-on-the-nexus-7-and-other-jelly-bean-devices/

Thanks for that, it is what I expected.

You may not be able to answer this but, how would someone be able to play games, and watch Sky go (for example) when these features require flash?  Do you think there are plans to change how these features operate in the near future?

I am specifically concerned about Moshimonsters as this is all my kids want to be on....

Developers and designers are starting to move more away from Flash to technologies like HTML5 instead. So basically redesigning their applications because tablet makers hate flash.

I don't know anything about Sky go, it might have an HTML5 player already, or an app for android. But otherwise it won't work unless there is some sort of dodgy app workaround you can get.

Guest neesy111

Developers and designers are starting to move more away from Flash to technologies like HTML5 instead. So basically redesigning their applications because tablet makers hate flash.

I don't know anything about Sky go, it might have an HTML5 player already, or an app for android. But otherwise it won't work unless there is some sort of dodgy app workaround you can get.

Sky Go works on selected Android Handsets but it's defo not HTML5.

Yes, unfortunately that is correct. Flash isn't supported on Android devices since 4.1, but there are ways of getting it on there, and I wouldn't have too high hopes of being able to play any games using it.

Here's a guide how to do it if you really want to try it anyway: http://www.howtogeek.com/120277/how-to-install-flash-on-the-nexus-7-and-other-jelly-bean-devices/

That's a very overcomplicated guide mind, it's a 2 minute job.

Moshi Monsters seems to work ok on my Nexus 7, although I've only got as far as the sign up screen.

Yep, no worries.

First, click this link to download this file (preferably straight onto the N7): http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1199371&d=1342343609

Leave the above file in the notifications bar and go into Settings > Security and tick the 'Unknown Sources' box, then open and install the above file from the notifications.

Finally download Firefox Beta free from the Play Store and use Flash sites in that browser. I think the default setting is 'tap to play' but you can set Flash to begin automatically when Firefox detects it in the main settings menu (Plugins).

Let me know how you get on.

Yep, no worries.

First, click this link to download this file (preferably straight onto the N7): http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1199371&d=1342343609

Leave the above file in the notifications bar and go into Settings > Security and tick the 'Unknown Sources' box, then open and install the above file from the notifications.

Finally download Firefox Beta free from the Play Store and use Flash sites in that browser. I think the default setting is 'tap to play' but you can set Flash to begin automatically when Firefox detects it in the main settings menu (Plugins).

Let me know how you get on.

Sorry been away with work a couple of days, will have a look at this and get back to you after the weekend,

Cheers!