What are you getting your family for Christmas?

Yorkie

I know there are materialism threads which this applies to; but could really use some ideas this year. :lol:

What's everyone getting for people? I only tend to give to my mum, dad and sister like. Struggling this year, for some reason. Usually a piece of cake.

three sweatervests apiece for my four siblings

Michael - 2x argyle (darkblue/lightblue and red/white) and 1 kind of checked one

Ginger - 3x solid colors - bolder colors - red, bright pink, bright yellow

april - 3x solid colors - more subdued, pastels i think

Angie - 1 pattern - thinking reindeer, 2x dark solid probably blue and black

edit: mom and dad get amazon gift cards because no one knows what they ever want and when you try and guess and get them something they like they're always disappointed in it and they don't care that you were being thoughtful.

Already decided that we won't get my sister and her bloke anything (and vice versa) and just have a meal/night out instead.

Himself: dunno, but we sort of discussed no presents and I'm so okay with that

Mam & partner: dunno

Gran: dunno

Auntie: dunno

Cousin & his lass: dunno

Dad & stepmam: dunno

Hoped if I left it long enough everyone would agree not to bother.

Equestrian related jewellery for my sister, a cheap-ish tablet for my brother and a blu-ray player with the James Bond collection for my Da.

Sorted.

Make sure you get your free Christmas pint in McGuigans on Boxing Day during the footy.

Equestrian related jewellery for my sister, a cheap-ish tablet for my brother and a blu-ray player with the James Bond collection for my Da.

Sorted.

Make sure you get your free Christmas pint in McGuigans on Boxing Day during the footy.

I would have flown home only its like 3 grand for flights and I'd rather buy a macbook or something with it.

I'll miss that tradition.

This will be my first Christmas away from home as well. It's not going to be the same waking up on Christmas morning and its 35 degrees outside. :lol:

:scared:

You seen any of these fucking Christmas cards they have over here yet?

It's this kinda shit, basically.

http://silver-mg.com/Xmas/Xara/surfing_santa.jpg

:serious:

This will be my first Christmas away from home as well. It's not going to be the same waking up on Christmas morning and its 35 degrees outside. :lol:

:scared:

You seen any of these fucking Christmas cards they have over here yet?

It's this kinda shit, basically.

http://silver-mg.com/Xmas/Xara/surfing_santa.jpg

:serious:

:lol: I don't understand the obsession with snow and ice related decorations either; when was the last time someone made a snowman in 30c+ temps?

Getting my mam a Kindle and my dad a Nexus 7. That's all I've decided on so far.

That'll go down well with your Mam.

"Here, Jonny, are yous trying to tell me you love your Da more than me, like? You wee gobshite!"

Guest lankybellwipe

Fanny all. There is no such thing as Santa and I will not be part of this wind up! But I might just get boy a PS3 or summit or he might feel left out and it's not his fault really is it!

Will spend most of the money on good gifts for my nieces and nephews. Siblings will probably get some Blu-Rays or some shit. Parents will get something meaningful, yet not too expensive. Grandparents will get chocolate. Some mates will get booze, which in turn is a silly tradition as all we do is pretty much trade Jägermeister bottles.

I know there are materialism threads which this applies to; but could really use some ideas this year. :lol:

What's everyone getting for people? I only tend to give to my mum, dad and sister like. Struggling this year, for some reason. Usually a piece of cake.

Get them a full cake, if they're used to just getting a piece they'll be ecstatic with a full one